[SOLVED] Trouble With Example Mods

Vayle

Chieftain
I have just recently started modding, which was working fine (hiccups expected).

However, when I tried to make a new unit using the template, the default template would not result in the Peon in game. I made sure that I had built it and the mod was activated, but I cannot even find the entry in the civilopedeia.

I have tried validating ModBuddy and reinstalling it, but I am still having the same issue.

What is confusing me is that what unit mods I had been working on were working in game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The first thing to do is to look at Database.log for coding error reports and Modding.log for confirmation messages that your mod's files are/are not being successfully loaded by the game.

If you are using the pre-provided example mods in Modbuddy then the issue is most likely the same everyone runs into with the templates. When you start with one of the premade templates the modbuddy coding creates a new mod with a different mod-name than that of the template, and automatically updates the example files within the new mod to reflect this new mod-name. However, the file names referenced within the mods FrontEnd Actions and InGame Actions are not updated, so the new mod is instructing the game to load files which do not exist.

In order to cure this you need to open the FrontEnd and InGame actions in the new mod, delete the file names in all the actions, and re-add the correct file names using the ModBuddy "ADD" file button within the actions.

If you are using the pre-provided example mods in Modbuddy then the issue is most likely the same everyone runs into with the templates. When you start with one of the premade templates the modbuddy coding creates a new mod with a different mod-name than that of the template, and automatically updates the example files within the new mod to reflect this new mod-name. However, the file names referenced within the mods FrontEnd Actions and InGame Actions are not updated, so the new mod is instructing the game to load files which do not exist.

In order to cure this you need to open the FrontEnd and InGame actions in the new mod, delete the file names in all the actions, and re-add the correct file names using the ModBuddy "ADD" file button within the actions.

Hey thanks so much, doing this fixed it.

I feel a bit silly that it was such a simple solution.

Hi, I am still having trouble getting my NewUnit mod to show up based on the template. I see no .modinfo file in the Mods folder (under My Documents/My Games/.../)
The build is generating an error that "The GeneratePantryPaths task was not given a value for the required parameter AssetsPath". I downloaded the Tools and Assets via Steam, and both are installed under my SteamApps folder.
I tried creating a modinfo file manually which didn't seem to help, and the Logs folder under My Games is not showing any logging, so I'm wondering if the recent builds (or builds that support Steam Workshop) are simply not looking for manually installed mods in under My Games?
I didn't find any logs under SteamApps eitiher.

Anyone know where can I find logs that could help me troubleshoot the mod loading on recent Steam builds?
Any other pointers?

Thanks

So
Hi, I am still having trouble getting my NewUnit mod to show up based on the template. I see no .modinfo file in the Mods folder (under My Documents/My Games/.../)
The build is generating an error that "The GeneratePantryPaths task was not given a value for the required parameter AssetsPath". I downloaded the Tools and Assets via Steam, and both are installed under my SteamApps folder.
I tried creating a modinfo file manually which didn't seem to help, and the Logs folder under My Games is not showing any logging, so I'm wondering if the recent builds (or builds that support Steam Workshop) are simply not looking for manually installed mods in under My Games?
I didn't find any logs under SteamApps eitiher.

Anyone know where can I find logs that could help me troubleshoot the mod loading on recent Steam builds?
Any other pointers?

Thanks
Solved - in ModBuddy, Under Tools | Options, there are Civ VI specific options for setting the necessary art and game paths. Set those, and update the file names as documented earlier in this thread and it worked.

Top Bottom