Some Ideas I had

Neoclast

Warlord
What I would like to see.

1. UU & UB specific to leaders not the civ itself. Why should Washington have Navy Seals? Instead give him a UU & UB that fit his time.

2. Combat, I would like to see a combat system that takes into account your whole army (stack). You could say pull up to the enemy city and when you attack you commit how ever many troops you want to attack with and they all attack at once to whatever the defender has committed. This stemmed out of Naval combat for me, I always love when I have a fleet of mixed boats and the enemy has one battleship that comes out of the city sinks one of mine and retreats. Personally I think that 1 ship should not just fight one ship but have to deal with the fleet itself.

3. I would love to see negotiable borders. This may be the toughest to correctly implicate, but I think it would be great. Say for example both civs agree that a river will divide their borders.

4. An option when the AI contacts you for things such as war to say, ok but give me 10 turns. I always hate when I am going to help them out but need sometime before I can. Or an Option to say I can't right now, but here is some gold or a resource to help. More options here would definitely help the diplomatic part of the game.

5. Escourt mission for fighters and bombers. Again goes in the same line as #2 above. I commit 5 bombers and 5 fighters on a mission and they go do there thing vs what the enemy commits to defend against it.

6. More units on the naval and air side of things. I really enjoy those aspects of the game but they are far from reality. Plus planes should be able to sink boats... see WWII.

7. Being able to improve tiles inside your borders, but outside cities BFC, and using that within your nation. For example I farm up a tile and I can send a portion of that food to nearby cities. The further away the smaller the portion and this can be affected by techs (like refrideration for food).

8. color/flavor idea here... being able to name the terrain without just using the sign feature. Being able to turn on/off the option like the resource bubbles. Also, each civ have a list of available names. For example I had a mountain in one game erupt so many times I actually googled the names of korean volcanoes and named the stupid thing.

9. Forts. They need upgraded a little. I would like to put them along my borders on key spots, but then losing them to culture completely dismays me. In my opinion a garrisoned fort should help hold your culture. Also, bring back the idea of the zone control slowing down units trying to walk right past the fort.

10. Being able to bomb or bombard out railroads. I can understand that you would have trouble doing this to a road network, but you should be able to reduce a railroaded tile to a roaded tile. Also, being able to take out bridges over rivers would be neat, but harder to impliment I would think.

11. Having an option to have an end period in the set-up menu. For example start in the ancient era, but you can't tech past whatever other era you pick.

What I would like to see.

1. UU & UB specific to leaders not the civ itself. Why should Washington have Navy Seals? Instead give him a UU & UB that fit his time.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=317288

2. Combat, I would like to see a combat system that takes into account your whole army (stack). You could say pull up to the enemy city and when you attack you commit how ever many troops you want to attack with and they all attack at once to whatever the defender has committed. This stemmed out of Naval combat for me, I always love when I have a fleet of mixed boats and the enemy has one battleship that comes out of the city sinks one of mine and retreats. Personally I think that 1 ship should not just fight one ship but have to deal with the fleet itself.

This is a good idea, but would be hard to implement, probably.

This comes to mind. And this, maybe. Or this.

3. I would love to see negotiable borders. This may be the toughest to correctly implicate, but I think it would be great. Say for example both civs agree that a river will divide their borders.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=315877

4. An option when the AI contacts you for things such as war to say, ok but give me 10 turns. I always hate when I am going to help them out but need sometime before I can. Or an Option to say I can't right now, but here is some gold or a resource to help. More options here would definitely help the diplomatic part of the game.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=315042

5. Escourt mission for fighters and bombers. Again goes in the same line as #2 above. I commit 5 bombers and 5 fighters on a mission and they go do there thing vs what the enemy commits to defend against it.

Perhaps expound your views more here? Expand a bit please.

6. More units on the naval and air side of things. I really enjoy those aspects of the game but they are far from reality. Plus planes should be able to sink boats... see WWII.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=311933. I can't find anything on increased air force capability at the moment, other than the above thread. I agree, though.

7. Being able to improve tiles inside your borders, but outside cities BFC, and using that within your nation. For example I farm up a tile and I can send a portion of that food to nearby cities. The further away the smaller the portion and this can be affected by techs (like refrideration for food).

Don't think I've heard that one before. Interesting. Sounds like a good idea, and one that makes sense, but it might be a bit hard to implement. What would be the cost of producing from further away? How would the insane micromanagement resulting be reduced?

8. color/flavor idea here... being able to name the terrain without just using the sign feature. Being able to turn on/off the option like the resource bubbles. Also, each civ have a list of available names. For example I had a mountain in one game erupt so many times I actually googled the names of korean volcanoes and named the stupid thing.

May as well, I 'spose.

9. Forts. They need upgraded a little. I would like to put them along my borders on key spots, but then losing them to culture completely dismays me. In my opinion a garrisoned fort should help hold your culture. Also, bring back the idea of the zone control slowing down units trying to walk right past the fort.

Here, and here, and here has some ideas on the matter.

10. Being able to bomb or bombard out railroads. I can understand that you would have trouble doing this to a road network, but you should be able to reduce a railroaded tile to a roaded tile. Also, being able to take out bridges over rivers would be neat, but harder to impliment I would think.

Yeah, I've always thought this. I have no idea why you can't as it is.

11. Having an option to have an end period in the set-up menu. For example start in the ancient era, but you can't tech past whatever other era you pick.

Why not? I guess it would mean a lot of people remove themselves from a lot of the game, however, which probably isn't the best thing, but each to his own.

Perhaps expound your views more here? Expand a bit please.

The thought here is that Fighters have and escourt button which acts simular to the intercept button. Meaning you hit the escourt button and target the destination that the bomber is going to. Then you take your bomber and bomb the city. If there are enemy interceptors that target the bombers, your fighters with your bombers can engage the fighters to help protect your bomber. I would think that in most cases your bombers may still be subject to collateral damage and may or may not be able to complete the mission. If the bombers are not intercepted then your fighters return home with them ending their turn.

Expanding more on intercepting I also think that older units should be limited on what they can actually intercept. Take the Machine gun, airships is one thing, fighters still ok, but modern jets and stealth bombers shouldn't have to worry much about a machine gun.

Top Bottom