Some questions for modders here.

Mouthwash

Escaped Lunatic
1. How do I remove a certain unit from the list of enemies that rise to defend lairs?

2. How do I make the severed soul a one turn summon? I've edited them so that this make sense.

1) It depends on the mod you're using but for base ffh and most of the modmods, you'll find the explore lair codes in python, most likely CvSpellInterface.py or CustomFunctions.py and from that you get a bunch of methods : (exploreLairBigBad, exploreLairBad ,...) and you can just remove or replace the results youdon't want there

2)it also depends on the modmod, but i don't remember how it used to work in ffh for this one

Thanks. But this is very confusing to me. The djinn's listing doesn't appear to be similar to any others. How do I remove it alone?

def exploreLairBigBad(self, pCaster):
iPlayer = pCaster.getOwner()
pPlot = pCaster.plot()

iPlayer = pCaster.getOwner()

pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(pCaster.getOwner())

lList = ['UNIT_DJINN']
lPromoList = ['PROMOTION_MUTATED', 'PROMOTION_CANNIBALIZE', 'PROMOTION_MOBILITY1', 'PROMOTION_STRONG', 'PROMOTION_BLITZ', 'PROMOTION_COMMAND1', 'PROMOTION_HEROIC_STRENGTH', 'PROMOTION_HEROIC_DEFENSE', 'PROMOTION_MAGIC_IMMUNE', 'PROMOTION_STONESKIN', 'PROMOTION_VALOR', 'PROMOTION_VILE_TOUCH']
lHenchmanList = ['UNIT_AZER', 'UNIT_GRIFFON']
if not self.grace():
lList += ['UNIT_AIR_ELEMENTAL','UNIT_RUNEWYN','UNIT_AZER']
if not pPlot.isWater():

lList += ['UNIT_ASSASSIN', 'UNIT_OGRE', 'UNIT_GIANT_SPIDER', 'UNIT_HILL_GIANT', 'UNIT_SPECTRE', 'UNIT_SCORPION']
lHenchmanList += ['UNIT_AXEMAN', 'UNIT_WOLF', 'UNIT_CHAOS_MARAUDER', 'UNIT_WOLF_RIDER', 'UNIT_MISTFORM', 'UNIT_LION', 'UNIT_TIGER', 'UNIT_BABY_SPIDER', 'UNIT_FAWN', 'UNIT_SCORPION']
if not self.grace():
lList += ['UNIT_EARTH_ELEMENTAL', 'UNIT_FIRE_ELEMENTAL', 'UNIT_GARGOYLE', 'UNIT_BRUJAH', 'UNIT_MYCONID', 'UNIT_EIDOLON', 'UNIT_LICH', 'UNIT_OGRE_WARCHIEF', 'UNIT_SATYR', 'UNIT_WEREWOLF']
lPromoList += ['PROMOTION_FIRE2', 'PROMOTION_AIR2', 'PROMOTION_HERO', 'PROMOTION_MARKSMAN', 'PROMOTION_SHADOWWALK']
lHenchmanList += ['UNIT_OGRE']
if pPlot.getFeatureType() in [gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FOREST'), gc.getInfoTypeForString('FEATURE_FOREST_ANCIENT')]:
lList += ['UNIT_TREANT']
iTerrain = pPlot.getTerrainType()
if iTerrain == gc.getInfoTypeForString('TERRAIN_SNOW'):
lList += ['UNIT_HOLLOW_MAN']
lHenchmanList += ['UNIT_FROSTLING_ARCHER', 'UNIT_FROSTLING_WOLF_RIDER', 'UNIT_POLAR_BEAR','UNIT_HOLLOW_MAN']

elif iTerrain in [gc.getInfoTypeForString('TERRAIN_WASTELAND'), gc.getInfoTypeForString('TERRAIN_GLACIER')]:
lList += ['UNIT_HOLLOW_MAN','UNIT_NIVE','UNIT_TAR_DEMON']
lHenchmanList += ['UNIT_FROSTLING_ARCHER', 'UNIT_FROSTLING_WOLF_RIDER', 'UNIT_NIVE','UNIT_HOLLOW_MAN']

Some more questions (I'm using Magister's mod):

1. The religious revolts spawn multiple redundant notifications. At least, the monotheist ones do; I haven't encountered the problem in others. There doesn't appear to be any pattern to them; it's usually two or three. I edited them to say which city they were affecting, so is that part of the problem?

2. Magister added a new wonder which is important enough that a notification is added to the tile where it is built (and presumably removed when the city is razed). How do I remove this? It's annoying and I think pretty much anyone is competent to discover the location of wonders for themselves.

(I know how to remove it in WB, but I dislike the idea of having to do it in a real game.)

3. How do I adjust the Armageddon requirements for certain buildings?

4. How do I edit the benefits players get from infernal pacts?

5. Blizzards appear to temporarily change terrain to ice and tundra. How do I edit the duration of this?

EDIT: Also, is there a reason why Trojan Horse is a naval unit? With all these strange mechanics to take into account it's very hard to know which is which.

Thanks. But this is very confusing to me. The djinn's listing doesn't appear to be similar to any others. How do I remove it alone?
for the djinn it appears it's the default result, valid in any cases, replacing it by another unit would be the easiest way.

Some more questions (I'm using Magister's mod):

1. The religious revolts spawn multiple redundant notifications. At least, the monotheist ones do; I haven't encountered the problem in others. There doesn't appear to be any pattern to them; it's usually two or three. I edited them to say which city they were affecting, so is that part of the problem?

2. Magister added a new wonder which is important enough that a notification is added to the tile where it is built (and presumably removed when the city is razed). How do I remove this? It's annoying and I think pretty much anyone is competent to discover the location of wonders for themselves.

(I know how to remove it in WB, but I dislike the idea of having to do it in a real game.)

3. How do I adjust the Armageddon requirements for certain buildings?

4. How do I edit the benefits players get from infernal pacts?

5. Blizzards appear to temporarily change terrain to ice and tundra. How do I edit the duration of this?

EDIT: Also, is there a reason why Trojan Horse is a naval unit? With all these strange mechanics to take into account it's very hard to know which is which.

for those, i don't really know, i haven't looked into Magister's code in a while.
for 2, i'd assume it's in the onBuildingBuilt python ( likely in CvEventManager.py), for 4) it's an event so EventInfos.xml and the related python file CvRandomEventInterface.py. For 5, i'd assume it's also a python thing though i don't really know where it may be. For the rest i don't really know ( i wasn"t aware of any AC requirement for buildings)

For the rest i don't really know ( i wasn"t aware of any AC requirement for buildings)

Where are the general effects for the AC written? (The building in question, the Crucible, says it requires 20 on the AC to be built, but doesn't specify if that's actual points or percentage [EDIT: It's the latter.]).

Also, I just realized that the Momus still allows others to declare war through trading! This is a pretty big loophole in the rules. It's obvious enough that I'm assuming there's no easy way to remove it, but I just thought I'd ask.

EDIT: Forgot to ask this, too- how do I get rid of the Kuriotate settlement mechanic?

Top Bottom