Some Responses You Would Like to See

Cicerosaurus

Emperor
I'd like to have a few more responses to interactions with the AI- even though the only use would be to make me feel better.

In the World Congress:

AI "Your vote caused my proposition to fail- do not expect my support in the future."
Human: "Well, I was never going to get it anyway"

AI: "I didn't like your proposal. I hope this doesn't escalate to conflict."
Human: "Bring it on!"

Any other suggestions?

When yuo tell an AI to stop spying or religion spamming and they tell you they'll do what they like I'd like a "do it again and my foot will soon become introduced to your arse!"

when they have loads of units on your border you could ask them what they are doing i mean it happens to the player so why not the ai

I would like to see the AI acknowledge that he needs me as a friend (to trade or whatever), even though he doesn't like me. Right now, diplomacy is very black and white, either we are very friendly (so we can trade, open border, DoF whatever), or he hates me (denounce, no open border, no lux trading, etc). But what if there's a runaway AI right next door? I would like to see the AI ally and offer trade deals based on common interests, and not just my diplomatic score with them, like how USA and URSS were allies (but far from friendly towards one another) in order to fight Germany. This sort of thing never happens in civ.

I would also like an option to make a demand/condition: stop spying or i'll declare war. Or maybe put those demands on the trade screen; like, i'll give you 2 lux and 5 gpt, you'll give 1 lux and promise to stop spying.

Yeah it would be nice to be able to give ultimatums that greatly reduce warmonger penalty if they break their promises.

"Stop sending your missionaries and prophets into my territory" before a city is converted. At the moment you have to wait until your city is converted before you can ask them to stop.

Do they actually stop spying or sending prophets if they say they will?

Does it have an impact on their diplomacy?

The last time my Holy City was converted, Ethiopia brushed off my objection so I denounced, and then things devolved from there.

All of this, yes. I too wish I could ask the AI what the hell all those troops on my border are up to.
I'd like to be able to thank civs for their support in the World Congress. Yeah, it's kinda lame but I enjoy being polite and perhaps this could give a tiny, positive, temporary boost.

AI "Your vote caused my proposition to fail- do not expect my support in the future."
Human: "Well, I was never going to get it anyway"

Or, "Well maybe YOU shouldn't have voted against it, too. Your 9 votes against did more to cause it to fail than my two."

Oda did this to me in my last game, voted against his own proposal (a luxury ban) and then got angry at me when it failed. :rolleyes:

All of this, yes. I too wish I could ask the AI what the hell all those troops on my border are up to.
I'd like to be able to thank civs for their support in the World Congress. Yeah, it's kinda lame but I enjoy being polite and perhaps this could give a tiny, positive, temporary boost.

That would basically end up being compulsory - a free, no-opportunity cost boost to diplo that you'd have to remember to take after every vote? Quite a chore.

"Your vote helped defeat my proposal." -"Waah waah waah."

"I just noticed how puny your civ is..." - "And yet we have the most people, the highest GDP, happiness and literacy. How about that, eh?"

(Refuses to do a 1:1 luxury trade) - "Fine. Let your people riot. Mine are happy, *I* don't need this trade. Idiot."

(Asks for the "loan" of a luxury) - "It's called TRADE. Exploit your luxuries, have something to offer. Until then, the answer is NO."

Do they actually stop spying or sending prophets if they say they will?

Does it have an impact on their diplomacy?

The last time my Holy City was converted, Ethiopia brushed off my objection so I denounced, and then things devolved from there.

If someone promises X and then breaks it, they should get an "liar" penalty.

Once I saw Washington with a settler on my side of the continent, but I was quick and told him to stop settling near my lands. He gave me a passive aggressive response, but kept his word for another 30 or so turns before plopping down one right on the coastline. I wish the diplomacy responses were permanent until you said that they could do it again.

As someone previously said in another thread the AI can do a lot more Diplomatically than the Human player can.

I would also like to see the ability to make counterproposals. An AI will ask for a lux or gold without offering anything in return. I would like to have an option to ask, what will you give me for this?

Just as they one for human players about archeologists stealing from their lands, I would mine a discuss option to:

"I saw ur men putting their filthy sticky-fingered hands on our precious artifacts. I demand that u cease this ill-begotten practice"

Ai cares very little for its promises. Especially the religion one. In my last game i was babylon and brazil was my immediate neighbor on our small continent. He sent a great prophet to me second best city and converted it. I told him to knock it off and he agreed and promised to stop. I then moved my great prophet to rid the city of filthy heathens. No sooner do i convert the city back and move my prophet away than the exact same brazilian prophet that did the first deed comes back and converts it again! Naturally i denounced brazil but this feels kind of hollow. I wish there was an option to specifically say why you are denouncing a player for example

Im denouncing you because you stole my artifacts

Im denouncing you because you broke a promise not to convert my cities (and i totally agree with above you should be able to get this promise from any civ with a faith BEFORE they convert something)

Im denouncing you because you declared war on a CS or ally

Im denouncing you because you recently went to war and made peace with me

and so on and so forth with each of these options having varying levels of penalty. As it stands now i might denounce brazil for breaking his promise to not convert my stuff but the other 3 civs that are friends with both me and brazil dont see it that way and will in turn denounce me.

Best one is the archaeology dispute:

AI: "I couldn't help but notice you took some antiquities from our land. This has to stop."
Human (word for word): "we meant no offence in stealing your culture"
AI: Good. Our culture should belong to us, not you.

The choice was either that or "I dig where I want" The non-diplo hit human response is just so sarcastic though.

Top Bottom