Sound is totaly FUBAR

gorilladf

Chieftain
Well I've tried just about every method I can think of. I am using the AOpen AW74 ( I think, I'm at work now.) I have the latest drivers. It works with Every other game ever written (Even the dreaded WWIIO)

Music is just rambling static and loops. Sounds is lagged on everything. Randomly cuts out, only to Randomly return with sounds from about 10 minutes ago. ??????

I've tried adjusting all sounds settings. Choosing game compatible device, all directX options tried as well. No acceleration, and with it. No debugging and with it. Game debuging and without. No other programs running in background and some running.

I have latest directX, AMD athlon 700 w/ 512 ram. Voodoo 3 3000 AGP.

The sound problem is driving me nuts! Help! Patch me please!

Originally posted by gorilladf
Son of a gun, I guess I'm the only one :(

Finally! Somebody else who is hearing static! I only hear it when I go from the Main screen to a game. So that's supposed to be music? Once I'm in the game, this static vanishes and all sounds work perfectly. When I first ran the game, I would hear the continous blast of static when any other program that used sounds had focus. But that seems to have fixed itself mysteriously. I'm still curious though about why this static is here at that time. I think I'll go and check up on the drivers for my sound card.

I'm running Win 98 BTW. I've noticed that a lot of the problems people are having seem to deal with Win2000. Right now this problem is trivial for me.

:egypt:

Top Bottom