Southeast Asian Citystates in Civ7 if Siam is to be a playable civ.

What should be Southeast Asian Citystates in Civ7 if Siam is to be a playable civ?

• 1. Sukhothai

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Nakorn Si Thammarat

• 3. Luang Prabang

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 4. Assam

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 5. Chantaburi

• 6. Muang Lah. (?)

• 7. Manila

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 8. Lopburi/ Louvopur

• 9. Other...

• Total voters
What should be Southeast Asian Citystates in Civ7 if Siam is to be a playable civ?
Couples of City States names of Mekhong Subcontinent sprang in to me
1. Sukhothai: Mercantile; The Kingdom of Sukhothai has NEVER achieve a true Imperial Status throughout its tenure, even so there were equally strong kingdoms around, some are even stronger, and all in all this kingdom had a good relationship with Khmer Empire of Yasothorn. (A very city where Angkor Wat is). King Ramkhamhaeng did have a really good relationship with King of Yasothorn, even to the point of intimidating other kingdoms using aforemented relationships or acts on his behalf in case of dispuites amongs other CS around him particulalry those 'in leage' with him.
2. Nakorn Si Thammarat: Religious
3. Luang Prabang (Laos): Religious or Cultural.
4. Assam (Technically NOT in Southeast Asia, but peoples dwelling there are of Tai ethnicity (the Ahom people) speaking similiar language to those in Burma and North Thailand.
- Militaristic (maybe?)
5. Chantaburi: Either Mercantile OR Militaristic. (The latter option is associated to King Taksin of Thonburi, when he was still call himself a General of Royal Ayutthayan Army, he did recruit Sinic peoples to form his Reconquista Army and within Seven months he did recapture Ayutthaya sometimes in 1760s (can't remember the exact year but it concurrent or slightly after Seven Years War)
6. Muang Lah (?): Militaristic, still active drug cartel stronghold of the Golden Triangle.
7. Manila.
8. Lopburi/ Louvopur
These are the lists of potential CS. in this context means Siam is either represents Ayutthaya Kingdom or Bangkok centered Rattanakosin Kingdom. note that the FIRST Siamese Empire is Ayutthaya. and not Sukhothai.

I'll go instead with this roster:
Base Game:
Siam
Indonesia (Majapahit)
XP 1:
Khmer
XP 2:
Vietnam (resistance phase)
DLC 2:
Burma
Phillippines (Rizal or Aquino)
XP 3:
Laos (Empire)

Wouldn't some of them, or almost all of them, be part of a Siam civ no matter what kingdom is represented?

The only one that I know of for sure is Manila so I voted for that. I do think a city-state from Burma, such as Pagan, would be interesting if they don't become a civ. We haven't had anything from Burma even as a city-state I believe at all in a civilization game, other than maybe scenarios.

Top Bottom