Space Race Victory - Your thoughts? Poll

Space Race Victory!

• Leave it on, only because I leave all victory conditions on. I will go for any win.

Votes: 39 48.8%
  • Generally turn it OFF, what is this Space Race mumbo jumbo.

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Generally leave it ON, it is one of my favourite Vicories.

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • I will go for Space, when I cannot see any other victory in sight. Except time...

Votes: 17 21.3%

• Total voters
i was also going to mention the conditions i leave off. time, because it seems wrong for the game to end suddenly while everything is still going on. and diplomacy, because there's been times i've been playing great maps, really fun rare games, and suddenly its over cause someone wins an apoc palace vote victory. so i leave diplomacy off so a great game wont be stupidly ended.

although it can be fun to turn off space race and do something like conquest or domination only. and then u can get to where u actually use the future stuff to build a futuristic empire and have a futuristic war. ive done that. otherwise with space race u win not long after u get it all.

I'm lost when it comes to slowing down other's spaceship building. Sabotage just costs too much! So I hate Space Race and turn it off whenever I remember. Too many times I'm CLOSE to winning some other way and they get their ship up first. And the last hour of my game is ruined by the constant reminders that they are building up the ship and I'm not good enough to do anything about it!

I like competitive space race because it combines all the elements of war, diplomacy, production and teching. There is no element of gameplay that can be ignored, at diety even culture has to be dealt with.

Top Bottom