Spanish Strategy

MorteEterna

Prince
Hi there, I have finally wrote a spanish strategy, hoping you will like it like some of my other strategies.

Their bonuses:

Start with Navigation
Ancient: x2 Gold from finding great lands (like great plains)
Medieval: +1 Attack/defence for sea units
Industrial: 50% production of gold
Modern: +1 Production from the hill

The strategy can change different times, however, there can be a rusher streategy (pretty difficult), a offensive strategy or just a expander strategy.

EXPANDER STRATEGY:

Then, build your city there and start building 2 warriors setting production on forests, managing the production. Explore and try to follow the same type of lands that you can see (if you see 4 plains, try to move there), to get +20 gold. In 6-7 turns you should get a lot of gold, if you get a good start. I suggest you to not try exploring with the settler.

Now it's simple, if there are rushers near you, like soft rushers (like zulu), you can just build one army moving at least 1 warrior to the capital. (If there are rushers like aztecs, arabs, americans, etc.. Try to set your warriors on hills or work on bronze working if possible). After this, rush a galleon and start exploring, moving 1 warrior on the galleon, if possible, to take huts, barbs, etc.. If you have possibility, kill your enemies with no units in the capital. Keep exploring with the galleon, while in your capital you work on 2 grasslands to reach 3 population.
When you reach this, set on 1 grassland and 2 forests, and rush a settler as fast as possible, to put in the galleon. If you got 100 gold, then, better for you, start building as many cities as possible, in islands. Whales and fishes are ok, for new cities.

When you are sure you got your starting advantage, build 1-2 cities in the mainland, and try to produce units to block your enemies, like a lot of archers. This will make them spending hammers to kill you, while you can do whatever you want in your islands. I suggest you to go for code of laws and irrigation (irrigation first is ok), then start expanding. I suggest you also a island with 2 forests and 1 whale, grassland or fish at least, if you can find it. This should help to pump out settlers without using gold.

Keep working on science, build more units, and expand, more and more. Build more galleons, if possible, try to explore as much as possible, blocking your enemies. Rush libraries when possible, and you should keep getting technologies until you find your path. Then, choose whatever you want, like rushing knights, tanks, or cannons. Using galleons you should be fast enough to attack them whenever you want.

Try to follow this tech order:

Alphabet
Pottery
Masonry
Irrigation
Writing
Code of laws (Switch on republic)
(Research Bronze Working whenever you need it)
Currency (For a good gold island city)
Maths (Free catapult, then you can rush others if you need)
Monarchy (I suggest you this for a free great person, before maths if you want)
Democracy (After you got the "ideal" number of cities)

Then keep moving where you want, I suggest you to build defences at least.

OFFENSIVE STRATEGY:

This is the same start of the expander strategy, build 2 warriors and try to get gold, then, if there aren't good rushers, rush a galleon and move both of the warriors. Try to find a capital, and if possible, move both of them, trying to attack the enemy. Before 10 turns you should have this, then, it's 2+2 with the naval support. If it doesn't work, try to move your warriors blocking his production, perhaps.
Keep moving units in enemy cities, while, if you haven't got a huge continet, you should work on 2 grasslands. In other way, keep producing units to explore where is possible. Go for bronze working as first technology, and keep disturbing your enemies. Now, start expanding like in the expander strategy, in the mainland could be good, or maybe a city just next to one of their capitals.
If you have got good enemies against you, you should prefer building a warrior army at least. If possible, try to get 100 gold if you got like 80 gold, selling units or working on the sea.. Sell technologies if possible, or explore. Then, move your settler and start doing that work, if possible. This should help you.

You should follow the same tech order, but the first technology should be bronze working.

RUSHER STRATEGY

Build 2 warriors, then set up production to horseback riding. Do this if you are sure to get barbs villages (if you don't get gold, don't care, at least if there are AI's near you). If you are near 100 gold, like from 75 to 99, sell your warriors and if you need more gold, set up production to gold. After you got the free settler, found a new city in the mainlaind if you can find whales, and work on whales (gold) plus a tree, producing 3 hammers per city. This will let you reach 3 pop really fast, but don't care about whales, you don't have to waste turns on whale-hunting.
Remember that you can get 20 gold from naming tiles. Move your horsemen army to the enemy and try to kill him. After this, you can switch to the expander strategy, while you try to kill other enemies. If possible, rush a galleon and use that to move your horsemen faster and to make a surprise to your enemy. If you want to trap rushers, just move the militia in grasslands/plains/deserts, where you don't get defensive bonuses. This will trap them into attacking the militia, and when this happens, at the end of the turn, move your army, then attack his capital, or overrun that unit/army first, with the help of the galleon.

While you keep attacking and pressing the enemy, pump out settlers from your 2 mainland cities, your capital and the second city. To do this, you should have at least 2 grasslands and 2 trees, or it will not work well and fast. After you reach pop 3, work on 2 trees - 1 grassland and in 5 turns you will have your 2 settlers. Build new cities in islands, and focus on whales, fish and dye. If you haven't got a galleon, build it as fast as possible to expand

Now you got your teach lead, do whatever you want, but remember, keep expanding until you know you got a huge tech lead

Now i havnt played this game in a long while but when i did play. I had top 10 acct on leaderboards on ps3 using a different civ for each username. Spanish were my favorite tho and tbh this best strategy is to use there access to whale right away and to build galleon and eplore the high seas finding best cities you economy booms and population skyrockets with greatest of ease. after this you can setle slowly on land but there is really no need lots of citeis on islnads out there. try is out :p i dont remmber all my names or if my records sitll stand but i was really about 2000-3 others loses from the glitches never fixed on ps3. but i was apollo the god and many others top 10 still im sure

Top Bottom