Spawn Frustration

Larsenex

King
How can a Barbarian unit spawn in plain sight when I am attacking its camp? In other words I have two warriors on either side of the camp, outta NOWHERE a barb unit spawns.

One more thing which I would like help on. EVERY GAME, (every game), when I try to use a worker to build (anything) in my capitals borders a Barbarian unit will ALWAYS spawn next to it, WTF>? I have had this happen in every one of the 10 games I have started and played, I am NOT happy with the way this occurs. I have to pull my warriors back from where ever and deal with it. I cannot even make a mine, farm or whatever with out a F*%#ing barbarian spawning near my working and threatening him.

I do not think this is supposed to be like this. A bit more random and at least make it so Barbs CANNOT spawn in open, in sight, explored areas. Grrrr Do we have a mod out there that fixes this?

I want barbarians in my game, I just want them to be applied in a logical fashion, not working with Capt Kirk and beamed down as a red-shirt to appear from nowhere.

How can a Barbarian unit spawn in plain sight when I am attacking its camp? In other words I have two warriors on either side of the camp, outta NOWHERE a barb unit spawns.

Barbarians only spawn from camps, just like your own units instant spawn from your cities when you build them.

Protect your first worker with your warrior, if you build your first worker super early you can get it caught by barbarians so be careful.

A bit more random and at least make it so Barbs CANNOT spawn in open, in sight, explored areas.

They don't spawn "in open" they spawn from camps. They have a movement of 2 though, so they can walk from outside the fog of war into your territory maybe that's what you are experiencing.

When they spawn they spawn NEXT to the camp, not on it due to stacking rules IINM

Camps spawn barbs at a measurable, predetermined rate (note sure, but i read once it was 5 turns, but that seems far too fast). Yes, many many times when I was about to take a camp out, a new barb spawned next to me and took me out (it always seems to invariably happen right after the first fight where I weaken the camp to near death but take just enough damage myself to not survive a new units attack - basicly just getting murphied). It happens. I have learned to take 2 units to camps because of this.

Top Bottom