Spawn system

That's it. The speed bonus is Woodsman 2. I guess the other option is to make the not get any defensive bonuses, but they would still be deadly on open ground, and it wouldn't make any sense. I think Neandethals should be dangerous, but that you should be able to kill them with a one two punch by sacrificing a unit and finishing them off with another. Right now that's not workable until you get str 3 units (and even then it's hard).

Just added Sabretooth Tigers to make life even harder. If you activate them. :D

IMO this would be MASSIVELY OP. Fort Zocs + defensive bonus make them HUGE HUGE advantages (which the AI doesn't use properly but that's not the point here). This is why forts are so expensive to build - having a wonmder give you a whole ring like this would pretty much make a human player impregnable - it's just too powerful.

Not really, since you expand beyond it very quickly and the forts then get in your way and need to be replaced by farms and mines. So it only protects the bit of land you controlled when you built it, not all your land for eternity.

I do have wolf riders and pig chariots! Had them for quite some time, but refrained. Pity dog carts were used, wonder if I can change the pig chariot into a wolf one.:mischief:

pig chariots.:confused: common .you can create many wonderfull thing and you loose your time on things like this.ok i understand the alternative things but ok this is:blush: is there a way to turn this off

pig chariots.:confused: common .you can create many wonderfull thing and you loose your time on things like this.ok i understand the alternative things but ok this is:blush: is there a way to turn this off

They are not in and they aren't mine. I just liberated them as I was pillaging other mods for useful stuff, I think they came with some of the resources we use.

the same goes for deer cavalry(forget its name) .deers are afraid of their own shadow not using them as war animals

So where horses once upon a time, before domestication and breeding for certain stats. So what's to say one can't do that with deer, or maybe elk would be more realistic? *grin*

the same goes for deer cavalry(forget its name) .deers are afraid of their own shadow not using them as war animals

You need to go out and watch Mononoke Hime (Princess Mononoke) ;)

I do have wolf riders and pig chariots! Had them for quite some time, but refrained. Pity dog carts were used, wonder if I can change the pig chariot into a wolf one.:mischief:

:lol: Well boars can get quite large, so perhaps with breeding and domestication, there is a possibility for a Boar Rider in the Alternate Timeline. Wolves... realistic wolves... I'm not so sure. Dire Wolves, yeah. :mischief: Maybe a Wolf SLED?

Well it depends upon what kind of deer. We have today domesticated reindeer who can pull sleds just fine. It conceivable that one could also ride a reindeer. Our graphics are limited so the deer riders look like they are riding a mule deer or white tailed deer. But really it should probably look more like a reindeer.

Well it depends upon what kind of deer. We have today domesticated reindeer who can pull sleds just fine. It conceivable that one could also ride a reindeer. Our graphics are limited so the deer riders look like they are riding a mule deer or white tailed deer. But really it should probably look more like a reindeer.

yeah and the reindeer is going to have a big red nose

Rudolph come on sweetie attack the enemy pikemen :D
neverind. 1 question will someone be able to disable them

2 a question that you answer if you want how old are you guys from the team

1. Anything in Alt-Timelines can be disabled. Read the opening post for that thread.

2. Ages range from "callow youth" to "venerable wrinkly".:mischief: I am in the latter category.

1. What DH said.

2. Late 20's for me. But civ is really a game for all ages. Which is one reason I love modding for it.

I started a new game with Planet Generator using day old SVN and it seems my game is spawning almost exclusively Bears for the land animal units. In Worldbuilder I saw just 2-3 Jaguar/Cheetah units, a few Zebras, and the rest Bears all over. Lots of Neanderthals too. And Mermaids for water units-- didn't see crocs actually.

Max Comp save attached.

Edit: Looks like the Neanderthals spawned heavily on two continents and wiped out the AI there. Must be from the distribution of bonuses.

Attachments

• Eldrin BC-8080 (Bear Land) MAX.CivBeyondSwordSave
    769.3 KB · Views: 53
I started a new game with Planet Generator using day old SVN and it seems my game is spawning almost exclusively Bears for the land animal units. In Worldbuilder I saw just 2-3 Jaguar/Cheetah units, a few Zebras, and the rest Bears all over. Lots of Neanderthals too. And Mermaids for water units-- didn't see crocs actually.

Max Comp save attached.

Edit: Looks like the Neanderthals spawned heavily on two continents and wiped out the AI there. Must be from the distribution of bonuses.
Actually there was a problem in the new spawn code that could cause some weird effects so better change to the new version (and the bear problem is probably caused by the example spawn rule from forest which I have scaled way down now as it was meant to be an example but with a lot of forest it can probably be high spawning).

I haven't looked at all at the spawning techniques yet (am too busy with about 9 projects to be added) but anyways, i need these, are they all in there?

This would be under: CIV4SpawnCivInfos

Spoiler :
Code:
<CivilizationInfo>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_TUPI</Type>
			<Leader>LEADER_TUPI_TRIBE</Leader>
			<SpawnTech>TECH_ARCHERY</SpawnTech>
			<NumberOfSpawnTech>2</NumberOfSpawnTech>
			<SpawnChance>60</SpawnChance>
			<IsBarbarianCiv>True</IsBarbarianCiv>
            <StartAtCoast>False</StartAtCoast>
            <TotalGold>25</TotalGold>
            <TechPercent>15</TechPercent>
            <DefaultShips>NONE</DefaultShips>
            <NumberShipsPerCity>0</NumberShipsPerCity>
            <NumberOfCities>1</NumberOfCities>
            <StartX>-1</StartX>
            <StartY>-1</StartY>
            <NumWorkerPerCity>0</NumWorkerPerCity>
            <CapitalCityUnit>UNIT_CUNHAMBEBE</CapitalCityUnit>
            <NumCapitalUnit>1</NumCapitalUnit>
			<DefaultCityDefender>UNIT_JAVELINEER</DefaultCityDefender>	
            <NumberCityDefendersPerCity>1</NumberCityDefendersPerCity>
            <DefaultSecondUnit>UNIT_WARRIOR<DefaultSecondUnit>
            <NumberSecondUnit>1</NumberSecondUnit>
		</CivilizationInfo>

Actually there was a problem in the new spawn code that could cause some weird effects so better change to the new version (and the bear problem is probably caused by the example spawn rule from forest which I have scaled way down now as it was meant to be an example but with a lot of forest it can probably be high spawning).

Ok, will do. And maybe the animals will balance out once more of them spawn from common terrain. My map WAS high on forest as I tend to choose "Wet" maps.

I haven't looked at all at the spawning techniques yet (am too busy with about 9 projects to be added) but anyways, i need these, are they all in there?

This would be under: CIV4SpawnCivInfos

Spoiler :
Code:
<CivilizationInfo>
			<Type>CIVILIZATION_TUPI</Type>
			<Leader>LEADER_TUPI_TRIBE</Leader>
			<SpawnTech>TECH_ARCHERY</SpawnTech>
			<NumberOfSpawnTech>2</NumberOfSpawnTech>
			<SpawnChance>60</SpawnChance>
			<IsBarbarianCiv>True</IsBarbarianCiv>
            <StartAtCoast>False</StartAtCoast>
            <TotalGold>25</TotalGold>
            <TechPercent>15</TechPercent>
            <DefaultShips>NONE</DefaultShips>
            <NumberShipsPerCity>0</NumberShipsPerCity>
            <NumberOfCities>1</NumberOfCities>
            <StartX>-1</StartX>
            <StartY>-1</StartY>
            <NumWorkerPerCity>0</NumWorkerPerCity>
            <CapitalCityUnit>UNIT_CUNHAMBEBE</CapitalCityUnit>
            <NumCapitalUnit>1</NumCapitalUnit>
			<DefaultCityDefender>UNIT_JAVELINEER</DefaultCityDefender>	
            <NumberCityDefendersPerCity>1</NumberCityDefendersPerCity>
            <DefaultSecondUnit>UNIT_WARRIOR<DefaultSecondUnit>
            <NumberSecondUnit>1</NumberSecondUnit>
		</CivilizationInfo>
I am not entirely sure what you mean. This thread was mainly about the unit spawn system in CIV4SpawnInfos.xml in the XML/Units folder.

After thinking a bit about the current system I think it is too hard to control. The problem is that depending on the number of bonuses or terrain forms the number of units spawned can vary a lot.
A possibility would be to vary the spawn chance depending on the number of plots that are valid for a certain rule in proximity.
Setting the local density lower might help as well.

I am not entirely sure what you mean. This thread was mainly about the unit spawn system in CIV4SpawnInfos.xml in the XML/Units folder.

After thinking a bit about the current system I think it is too hard to control. The problem is that depending on the number of bonuses or terrain forms the number of units spawned can vary a lot.
A possibility would be to vary the spawn chance depending on the number of plots that are valid for a certain rule in proximity.
Setting the local density lower might help as well.

Can the base chance of a spawn be lowered as more of them propagate the map? That way if there are 20 units on the map already, the chances of another of that type spawning is say 30% less? Also, which units get the first crack at spawning on a tile? If bears are at the top of the list for example, that would seem to give them the best chance of spawning. If that is the case, then either the first unit in the queue must be randomized, or the most rare spawn be at the top of the queue.

Top Bottom