Spell Synergies

Mailbox

King
I couldn't really find a good thread to post this in so I figured a new thread for people to post interesting, flavorful, or powerful spell combos.

Do you think dance of blades is a weak spell? Then perhaps you're just using it wrong. Combining DoB with summons means that all of your summons will do at least some damage. When massing summons or trying to break a tough city, the first strikes really add up. In my recent game as the Calabim, I got a Chaos mana from my friends the Lanun and combined it with Vampires casting summon Spectre for an incredibly powerful military.

As a side note, Vampires are more powerful (imo) in that they're a t2 caster that comes with a much earlier tech than even the fact that they can feast. I barely feasted my vampires and just made do with 2 xp each to buy Death 2. Necromancy was a good tech for death manas to boost the spectres and would have gotten me chaos mana if I couldn't get it in trade.

Enchant Weapons applies to all melee, which is what Skeletons and Spectres are.

In fact, I think most unit boost spells can work for summons.

Most summons don't have a unitcombat (I tend to give them unitcombats in my version though), so most buff spells are useless on them.

Govannan with Life and Death 3,have Govannan cast Lichdom,Then have the Lich cast Resurrestion.

Or you can just use the free exp for Amurite adepts to upgrade four liches normally and avoid wasting three promotions for Govannon.

I don't think three wasted promotions over five archmages is a bad deal for getting them all to have Hero. Not to mention you don't have to research Strength of Will.

And if it really bothers you, you can always delete your first and only lich with Life III, and upgrade a regular archmage.

Works with Corlindale too.

Or you can just use the free exp for Amurite adepts to upgrade four liches normally and avoid wasting three promotions for Govannon.

OK did I miss something somewhere? Are Amurite adepts getting free exp now?

I'm really tempted to use the lich/hero exploit but it feels too.... "cheaty"

Well, Amurite arcane units get xp really fast. When I play them it's not unusual for me to have level 6 adepts running around simply because I haven't had time to research sorcery yet.

In my experience, it's not availability of high level mages that limit Amurite archmages, it's technology.

ahh gotcha ok... saw a couple references to amurites not really ever having adepts because they get instantly upgraded so was wondering. I dunno if I'm just unlucky but I never seem to get enough mana types to give a significant boost to my mages.

Top Bottom