Split the Resources.

Not Wonder production. It turns it into gold. (not overflow, but if you are beaten to building it)

That's lost production. Even surplus production from completing a wonder is carried over

Seems like I had reason to be. :D

Well, not really. :) As whoward69 pointed out, the issue isn't lost production at the end of the current build. The "problem" being addressed in this thread is the current "one thing at a time" build system. Whether or not it's actually a problem depends on your play style I suppose. As a builder, I tend to put off military production during peacetime and then end up getting DOWed because I have a weak military for too long. A split system with sliders would allow me to allocate production based on my priorities without completely putting off the production of units or trying to micromanage the queue. Yes, I could buy a unit but that assumes I have enough gold to do so. IIRC, Civ5 doesn't currently have the conscription option that came with Civ4's Nationalism civic, although I've seen a tag for something like that in the unit XML.

I'm not the only one who is interested in having something like this in the game. See My idea: Allow buildings and units be constructed concurrently

The one glaring problem that we haven't discussed is how you would allocate :c5production: bonuses. There are a number of bonuses that apply only to certain build types but currently affect the total :c5production: of the city. You have policies and traits that give a bonus for wonder production but not buildings and units. You would have to code a split system so that the unmodified :c5production: for the city was split out before applying the bonus to the individual build type. Could get complicated.

Top Bottom