Spring Patch Info

Firaxis just gave an update on the upcoming patch:
Here is the complete list from what I got from the video:
- cities will same religion will gain loyalty. cities with opposite religion will lose loyalty.
- Balance adjustments to social policies, governments, Sondonk and Magnus' abilities.
- More turtles
- England gets a free unit now not just when settling new continent but also when building royal dockyard.
- Joint Wars will require casus belli! (YES)
- Both human and AI can join wars already in progress and get benefits from casus belli.
- Fixed AI yields table.
- Added more late game historic moments

Last edited:
I like the proposed changes, especially to England and Religion influencing loyalty.

I do wonder how Magnus will be adjusted. I suspect his chopping will now take promotions or have reduced effectiveness.

EDIT: The video is down, so I will rely on my somewhat poor memory:

-Seondeok is being adjusted somehow.
-Magnus is being adjusted somehow.
-England is being buffed so that completing a RND on a foreign continent gives a free melee unit in addition to a city founded on that continent (not 100% on that).
-Religion will now have positive and negative influences on loyalty. Your cities following your religion gain loyalty while those following others lose it.
-More turtles.
-More historic moments.
-Joint wars are being changed. You can now use a casus belli as a basis for a joint war and jump into wars already at progress with allies.

Last edited:
Too soon, I guess.

Can anyone who caught the video summarize it?

Last edited:
Here is the complete list from what I got from the video before it was taken down:
- cities will same religion will gain loyalty. cities with opposite religion will lose loyalty.
- Balance adjustments to social policies, governments, Sondonk and Magnus' abilities.
- More turtles
- England gets a free unit now not just when settling new continent but also when building royal dockyard.
- Joint Wars will require casus belli! (YES)
- Both human and AI can join wars already in progress and get benefits from casus belli.
- Fixed AI yields table.
- Added more late game historic moments

Well, at least we have confirmation that a patch is coming soon. I suspect the post->removal oops means the patch was supposed to be tomorrow, but might be delayed for some reason. There hasn't been a QA update on it in a week.

Those all seem like pretty decent changes. Pleased they've finally added the ability to join a war in progress. It's astounding that took so long :p

The interaction between religion and loyalty is welcome (now maybe add a modifier for having dominant culture too? ;)) Hopefully there'll be more valuable historic moments for the First Moon Landing and Manhattan Project... I'd say they rated a little more iconic than digging up a random pot.

Aaaww, it's probably going to drop next week just when I'm going to be away for 1 1/2 weeks anyway. D:

In the video, Anton Strenger mentions that they are tweaking Seondeok's Hwarang ability (currently: +5% Culture and +5% Science in all cities with an established Governor.). I am guessing that it will get a nerf since Korea is rather OP in science.

Wow, tying religion to loyalty is a rather big change. I'm positively surprised that Firaxis adds new features like this.

I'm sceptical about the Magnus fix. Whatever it will be, I'm afraid it won't fix anything, only make it less absurd. But we'll see!

I doubt they would have pulled the video unless parts of it were wrong? Any idea when it will be released?

Top Bottom