Spy/Private Dick (Conversion)

General 666

Culturebringer
Spy/Private Dick (Conversion)

Original unit by Kindred72. :goodjob: (Links to original unit/thread are added in my DB entry) Grey recoloring by me. :D

Preview :

Download here :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15533

I`ve made this recolor for my personal version of TCW where I using it for the soviet spies of the KGB and StaSi. But the unit could surely fit into more ...

Hope you like it. :)

General 666... That's a Nice alternate unit color for use :goodjob:

The Run Animation has a Shadow Frame Line on the Right side due to the Frames being set with a double Vertical Frame Line. This also causes a slight offset that is seen between the Run and Default animations.
You could Generate a New Storyboard from the Orignal Run Flc then apply your palette to it and generate a new Flc to correct this.

Thanks ! :)

Vuldacon : Ah thanks ,gonna try that. I was used to think that I need FlicEdit to fix this offset prob. What would be bad because it doesn`t run on my machine.

Thanks dudes. :)

Vuldacon: I return and have tried to do what you`ve told me. But applying the pal wasn`t successful. :blush: The reason why is that the original unit uses several colors of the civcolor ones. So after importing the pal the most of unit was still untouched.
My current skills do not allow my to touch those standard entries in the unit pal. Means I never do anything to the civcolor/shadow/smoke part of the original unit I recolor.
btw ,for my fix try I`ve used your "Sam Hammer" from EFZ2.

EDIT: Any idea what could have caused my trouble with the run ? I don`t want to repeat my error.

General 666... Not sure what caused the double vertical Frame lines in the Run.
IF you simply used Flicster and generated a storyboard then applied your Palette to it then Generate the New Flc, that should not happen.

I thought your New Palette was set up with the same palette indexes only with new colors. IF so, you should be able to simply apply your New Palette to the Original Unit Storyboard using Maintain Indexes. That will keep the CIV Colors as well. Or am I not understanding something you are saying?

EDIT: To more easily Correct the Double Line... Just Open the Run Storyboard then Flood Fill the Frame Lines with Magenta Background Color.... In Other words Remove the Frame Lines. Generate a New Flc with Flicster and it will replace the Frame lines correctly.

General 666... Not sure what caused the double vertical Frame lines in the Run.
IF you simply used Flicster and generated a storyboard then applied your Palette to it then Generate the New Flc, that should not happen.

I`ve loaded the storyboard into PhotoShop and changed all single slots one-by-one (the 160 color slots). But greater patterns inside the unit has been still brown. They`ve used colors of the first four rows of the pal. So I`ve c&p the rest - was about 1.000 times needed. :cringe:
So it`s far away from an easy just-apply-your-palette job. :blush:

EDIT: To more easily Correct the Double Line... Just Open the Run Storyboard then Flood Fill the Frame Lines with Magenta Background Color.... In Other words Remove the Frame Lines. Generate a New Flc with Flicster and it will replace the Frame lines correctly.

Sounds good to me. Already asked myself if it wouldn`t be the easiest way to go. :)
Still lacking of an idea how it had sneaked in.

Thank you for this, General. I always loved this unit, but hated the coat color.

Thank you ,Balthasar. (You has been one of the reason for the upload)
The fact that I agree with that perfectly is the reason why this thread exists at all. :cool:

Ahh Ozzy ,you`re back ?! :salute:
Thanks for you nice comment.

Mon plaisir, mon general. Actually never really "gone"; 5 months in hamlet outside Genoa Italy writing next novel. All are invited (well, the ones who are know who you are anyway ;) )

Best,

Oz

Top Bottom