• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Spycatcher 3.1

What should we bulid after the Pikeman?

• Granary

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Caravan

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Marketplace

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Other(please specify)

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

EmperorSnefix

Emperor of Evil Empires
Ok, I'm back now. Here's the status of Spycather and the poll to go with it.

Attachments

• spycatcher (custom).gif
    spycatcher (custom).gif
    87.8 KB · Views: 120
Cities have no need of three defensive units, this city needs a Temple, and since it is distant and on an island, a courthouse, not a third defender.

Originally posted by Alcibiaties of Athenae
Cities have no need of three defensive units, this city needs a Temple, and since it is distant and on an island, a courthouse, not a third defender.

I agree, a courthouse.

I may be way off base, but I voted granary.

Im with --->Ren. Lose the phanalx get me the pike then insert a courthouse. We are getting in 5 food per we dont need a granny.

agree with spy and Ren ,the pike is in construction anyway so why lose the shield's with changing production.Courthouse is obvious.

First a worker allocation note: That shield-grassland in the upper left is taking production away from Sixchan, and the worker should be moved to one of the other two shield-grasslands in the lower right.

As for production, I think a courthouse is what it needs. It already has a temple AoA, and for ren et al if we build Leo's, which is the plan, then our phalanx will be upgraded to pikeman free of charge because this is civ2 and not civ3.

Originally posted by TheDuckOfFlanders

,the pike is in construction anyway so why lose the shield's with changing production.Courthouse is obvious.

We won't lose any shields if we change the pikeman production to a caravan or a diplomat. I would vote for a diplomat. Don't we plan to bribe the Zulu city soon???

I've never been too keen on courthouses. Seems like a lot of shields to save us a few commerce arrows and possibly a shield or two later. Plus, we're not far off from a Republic which will help corruption without having to build one.

After the caravan, I'd suggest maybe a harbor or library - but that'll be another poll.

Originally posted by ren
i think disband the phalanx, finish the pikeman, then marketplace--and then a courthouse :)

I completely agree. The phalanx is outdated, and a marketplace and then a courthouse will make this city a good one, and allow us to get a decent foothold on the island and this area. Then we can worry about triremes and crusaders and such.

I'd say change it to templ/city walls now.. We only lose 2 shields as it is early days yet. Not bothered about the pikeman/phalanx arguement as we'll have Leo one day.

Top Bottom