Stability Overlay

BenZL43

awkward cat
Hi :)
I'm new to SoI community..
I'd like to know more about Stability Overlay, please.
In Wikipedia, it is written to toggle it, using Ctrl+U..
But alas, what I got by pressing Ctrl+U is some kind of animation setup..
I try the different animation and one of them make the game ctd --"

From memory ctrl+U may control something else in the game as well (sort of like ctrl+m controlling both the mercenaries page and the music). There shouldn't be any need to "change" anything, pressing ctrl+U once should activate the stability overlay, a second time should deactivate it.

Personally I just hold down the ctrl button to view the stability overlay for whatever region my cursor is over. I find that's all I really need.

Could it be because I press Ctrl + U with an active unit so it toggle the Animation screen?

Hi BenZL43, you just press and hold the "ctrl" button, that is all ;)

No, actually CTRL and CTRL-U do two different things... holding CTRL shows provinces overlay, pressing CTRL-U toggles stability overlay on and off.

The reason animation debug screen pops up is because you have cheat/debug mode enabled. It's my fault as I had cheat mode disabled when implementing this so I didn't know CTRL-U is used by that. I'll think of another shortcut I guess, but meanwhile you can use the last map menu button to toggle the overlay on/off, without disabling cheat mode (see attachment).

Attachments

• stabilitybutton.jpg
    stabilitybutton.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 106
Oh yeah. I forgot to turn off the cheat mode :hammer:

Yep. Got it :)
If I may suggest, please use a darker or perhaps different shade of Orange so it'll be easier to see for the Yemeni or Numidians :)

Top Bottom