Stalin of Incas (Deity)

obsolete

Deity
I did a bit of experimentation last night, and was able to crush a deity map with a variant of Stalin. Normally I try to avoid this guy, but this combo does add interesting possibilities if things go just right.

I did abuse diplo a hell of a lot, so it's possible the map is harder than it really felt, not sure yet. Anyhow, I started with a Que rush and then everything else all fell into place from there (wouldn't dare try it with default HC though).

But feel free to go for whatever victory you want...

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    29 KB · Views: 40
I'd pick Degaulle over Stalin. Building a barracks even with aggressive is still a little slow for deity.

That start's actually not too great for a Q rush. You need to attack with 5-6 around turn 30 and I don't think you could do it with that start. After turn 30 the chance of your target getting chariots begins to go up quite a bit.

That start's actually not too great for a Q rush. You need to attack with 5-6 around turn 30 and I don't think you could do it with that start.

It may not be perfect, but I do with what the generator gave me. Restarting a dozen times to get a great spot isn't my idea of being versatile. I only do that if the map is obviously bugged due to the glitch.

As for not being able to rush with this start, I already did do it with this start.

I'll look at De-Gaul in a bit, IIRC he is industrious-something... Hope it's not creative.

I'll look at De-Gaul in a bit, IIRC he is industrious-something... Hope it's not creative.
De Gaulle is Industrious - Charismatic.
Just wondering: why Creative on this Deity Game wouldn't be a good trait? It wouldn't be too good for a Quechua Rush? It synergies badly with Industrious for some reason?
I mean in the Keshik game I played last week you were advising me (if I understood this comment correctly) to use Willem van Oranje (Financial - Creative) instead of Genghis Khan (Aggressive - Imperialistic) for an early Keshik rush, while here your hope (quite in the opposite) not be creative.
I might look noob saying that, but I have no clue and I'm a bit confuse about it :confused:
Thanks,
yatta.

Being creative is helpful for a Horse Archer rush because it allows your second city to grab horses far more easily.

Q's don't need any ressources, you (can) simply start spamming them from turn 0.

- - -
Creative also is a bit worse for Q-rushing because the cities you conquer usually have granaries. Those turn into terraces when conquered, so your cities already have some cultural output all by themselves. (This always feels a little like bug using. But you can't do anything about it when playing as Incans, so just enjoy. ;))

Being creative is helpful for a Horse Archer rush because it allows your second city to grab horses far more easily.

Q's don't need any ressources, you (can) simply start spamming them from turn 0.

- - -
Creative also is a bit worse for Q-rushing because the cities you conquer usually have granaries. Those turn into terraces when conquered, so your cities already have some cultural output all by themselves. (This always feels a little like bug using. But you can't do anything about it when playing as Incans, so just enjoy. ;))

Ah, ok! I got it now. Thanks :)
yatta.

Top Bottom