Star trek mod question

Kefrem

Chieftain
Ive grabbed the mod...cliked the a uto installer....never finds the beyond the sword folder so i have to browse to it...i install...and...

nothing...it wont run...theres no icons to clik to launch it....

anyone got a clue?

yeah steam problems....
im certain there are solutions on the site somewhere here.

when you chose the path on your own - did it install it for you?

if so - go to the steam folder -> beyond the swords = > mods
see if the star trek is there , than see if its in another sub folder, if so, move all the inner files to the out side - meaning cancel the sub folder.
than load the mod from the mods load options in civ4 or add a short cut through your steam - check the options - look for run options - you can add something like mod=star trek, im not sure, i can check.

if that wont help - try to unzip the installer file with 7 zip manually. than, put the folder of star trek in the mods folder as i wrote above.

dont worry, we will get to the buttom of this.

i got steam version also.

ok wait a minute...that is using the installer...it shows them in there. yet when i browse for them they dont show up.

see thats the wierd t hing...they arent there when i load.

also....i have searched every area for the mod files....and i find them n owhere.

yea...just bought it for this mod specifically.

Mods assume that you are using the non-Steam version of the game, so in Steam you need to right click the game, go to properties and open "BETAS" tab. There you should select "original_release_unsupported" version.

You should check a few things:
- in main menu, under Advanced -> About this build, what is the version of the game
- full path of your Mods folder
- full path of location of Civ4BeyondSword.exe
- what is inside, for example, ST Deep Space Nine folder

see thats one of the things i mentioned up above, when installing it shows where the folders are i installed it to the first time. Yet when i go browse there.....there is nothing..no folders no files ....zip zero nadda. something is not seeing something.

k ill give that a try tomorrow..im exausted from work and need sleep first.

I just downloaded and installed it a month ago onto my steam civ 4, and it worked fine. It doesn't matter if you are on the beta version or not. I installed it to C / program files (x86) / steam / steamapps / common / civ 4 beyond the sword / beyond the sword / mods.

Top Bottom