StarCraft: Trinity

Deon

Lt. of Mordor
Greetings, I open this thread for the alpha development of my ModMod.

The mod events appear somewhere near Brood War time, however there may be some inconsistences, I am not going to follow canon in 100% of cases.

Currently I work on the tech tree for Terran, and I will "adapt" it to Zerg and Protoss later, although I already have some test races of Zerg which build all units with hammers and food and capture defeated units.

Progress Report:

Tech tree: 2/3

Terran Organizations:
United Earth Directorate - complete, needs tweaking
Terran Dominion - complete, needs tweaking
Umojan Protectorate - complete, needs tweaking
Kel-Morian Combine - complete, needs tweaking

Zerg Organizations:
Not started

Protoss Organizations:
Not started

The idea is that I want to test the tech tree and game progression on Terrans first and then move on to others.

Mods incorporated:
- Final Frontier Plus by TC01 (fixes, wormhole script, blue marble space, fixed resources by The Navy Seal)
- Toggle-able cloaking device (on/off) by TC01

Requests will go in the second post. Not requests per se because I will make them anyway, but if you are able to help with that, jump in the wagon.

If you can help then do :)

I need Civilipedia descriptions for most techs in StarCraft flavor. Also portraits and suggestions for civics would be awesome :).

Reserved just in case.

I made it overnight so don't be frightened by the lack of content. I am sure it will be at least a fun modmod of Final Frontier. Also you may note that I like many-branched and crossed tech tree which gives a lot of choices, not straight "lines".

Ah, also I need a spell-checker, because I am not a native english speaker :).

Cool, another FF based mod. I'll have to dl it eventualy and see what ideas I can pillage.

Nice idea indeed... good luck in your project (end it fast so i can play it soon XD) if you add some zerg as barbarians now that the civs are only terrans... if you put zerg as a playable race it could represent the brood wars too... and it would be also a nice idea to add "superworlds" or homelands as Aiur and Chad...

it will be great seen wraiths vs mutas

I will have all 3 races playable, and you must know that in SC all races had different organizations and clans which were competing with each other , so it will be ok to see Terran vs Terran or Zerg vs Zerg.

I will include major organizations (well, terran already has them) and add +/- relations based on their "original" standing (so Domininon is a bit friendly to Umojan and Kel-Morian, and Arcturus has some innate bonuses with Kerrigan even while she's zerg because she was his friend and agent) and all different races (terran/zerg/protoss) will have innate "-4" or "-5" diplo penalties "You are alien" so racial alliances and anti-racial wars will be quite natural.

As for barbarians, there was a "Detestable vermin" organization which consisted of terran Kimeran Pirates, a zerg group fighting alongside a "mercenary" mutalisk Cardis the Destroyer and a protoss group following a vicious archon Mertick the Mauler.

So we'll have kimeran pirates, detestable vermin zerg and some rare protoss pirates. All races with special pirate units.

Ok, I was able to sort a major error which was related to my civ4 installation so now I am on the road again :).

I've modeled a few more zerg units and I want your opinion: do they look fine? Because if they do, I will make them all. If not, I'd better ask someone else :)

much better than other stuff ive seen in other mods :)
maybe they could need some improvement but if you can do it yourself in that quality for all units i guess thats better than w8ing for someone else to finish the job.

that mod looks promising, hope its gonna be that for a science-fiction based civ mod that the star trek mod never could accomplish :)
i will watch this ones advancement.

Could you elaborate what did you mean about "star trek couldn't accomplish" in gameplay meaning? I know that lots of similar looking races is rather unrealistic, but what did you mean by that?

No. I don't know how to export .kfm files :p. If someone shows me a tutorial how to do it, I'll do it. For now I make them all static. Then I will learn how to attach particle effects and make them to shoot and explode in gore on death. Then I will learn how to actually animate them :). If only someone taught me, heh... I can animate them, I just don't know how to export animations from blender in .kfm format and how to make them to be read by Civ4 as attack/move/fortify animations.

Could you elaborate what did you mean about "star trek couldn't accomplish" in gameplay meaning? I know that lots of similar looking races is rather unrealistic, but what did you mean by that?

youre close.... i mean that i do not really like it. too many races all the same, nothing that really differentiates it from final frontier. nothing "special" (besides many custom modells, thats a sole big accomplishment i really like about it)

Well, that was the point why many of my friends didn't like Star Trek: because it made all races humanoids.But if you think about it, in Star Wars all races are humanoid too (I think both of them have such limitations because of the low technology in video industry back then).

But well, I think it's their problem that they didn't like it. I enjoyed the plot when I was a kid and now that mod brings back childhood memories, thus I really like it :).

Top Bottom