Starting new game - Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double settlers, good... Bronze working, that'll appease military...

I think, though, that the game's creator has screwed up a few names.

Well, let this be the start of the glourious Commonwealth of Fanatican Cities! Long Live the Empire! Long Live Empress Jayne! (and don't forget Vice-Emperor Octavian. :p)

And good luck in this one! :D

And we're off!!:jump: [dance] :jump:

Umm...shouldn't it be "Empire of CFC" Dictator something-or-other? :confused: Doesn't matter, the game is begun, and an interesting starting position. This is a random map, correct?

So,.... which displacement would we propose to our Great Empress...?

go NW W S to the hut for one
E and look around for founding REGIA FANATICA for the other

what's yours opinions ?

Greetings loyal subject!!! :queen::lol:

I plan to play on Saturday (or Friday if we are ready) and I will play 5 turns.

I need my advisors to gather the following information and post here by Friday evening:

Shall we pop the hut before settling?
Shall we build the capital where we are or explore?
Where shall we move the settlers? Where do we explore first?
If we build a capital, what do we build?
What tax rate?
What research?
Do we keep the second settler to improve unsupported, or build another town?

I think we should pop the hut and hopefully get a NONE unit to explore with. I think we should go one square east before settling - we'd still have the fish, but not the swamp. Maybe the settler not hut-popping should build a road where it stands then go east to settle when the hut is popped.

Excelent, I see we already have Bronze Working :). I strongly recoment settling there. Its much to risky to pop that Goodie Hut. It might hold Barbarians in there. We should use the second settler as a "Worker" unit, building roads Irrugating, and mining.
And what to build in the city, First we should build two warriors and a Phialinx (sp).

I prefer try to pop and get a NONE before settling.
The E location is good for me too, but I would like to see Eastern before...

For the second settler, after poping (in 3 turns), he may : or coming back to improve land, or go have a look Western if the hut give something else than an unit.

Woohoo, we're off :D

Heil to the Dictator

And i agree, pop the hut before founding the city

I don't think you get barbs for the first 16 turns so we are quite safe to pop the hut. I'd rather do it before settling so if we get a unit it will be a NONE.

I think to begin with I'd build a phalanx to defend the city, then a warrior to explore.

I think some people are being too careful. We should expand hard and fast! Although I am not an adivisor I belive it is my civil duty to help our glourious leader make the right decisions for a prosperous future. :D

I recommend settling the city right away, its not that bad a site at all and the swamps can easily be delt with in the middle game. The second settler should move to the shielded grassland and make a road. Then it should continue north or west to search for a new city site. The sooner we have two cities the sooner we can have four. If we did not found a city and went for the hut then we are going to be giving away four turns of research towards our science goal. Four turns of research for something that may not even produce a unit. I have found it to be unneccasary to build phalanxes early on in the game. Instead build one to two warriors for exploration before switching to a settler. A warrior can always be recalled for martial law duties. Thats about all I can suggest at such an early stage.

Sorry, I can see the pics now. Opera must have screwed something up...:)
Well, we should definitely pop the hut, and preferably before we found our capital.
Do we know the pattern from the picture? Or is it too little info?

If we build a capital, what do we build?
It depends a bit on what the hut gives us.
If it's a unit, we'll need one less explorer/defender, if not we'll have to build another explorer/defender in one of our cities.
I usually just send out one explorer, which end up being more after some huts are popped. One defender is also necessary in each city, especially because of unhappiness. So...

Hut--> unit: --each city-->one warrior-->settler
Hut-->no unit: --one city-->one warrior-->settler --other city--> two warriors-->settler

Any objections?

I found a special/hut-pattern map:

According to this map, it seems as if the square NW of the hut (in our map) is at least a 3-special and maybe even a 4-special spot.
That square is also connected to water, so if the terrain is decent, maybe it could be a good place for a capital or a second city?

Well, if we're going to pop the hut first, when the settler is over there we will have more of an idea if there are any more specials. If there is, then we are in the right place to settle. At the same time, the other settler moving a square or two east may also reveal specials.

As I said, I plan to move 5 turns, but I could stop at 3 or 4 if I think we find a good city site (or two) so we can discuss/vote on settling :D

As the Foreign Affairs Advisor, I think we should pop the hut. As for the city, I really don't know, because I think the File Server is down. If someone could email me the image at XXXbingitz2002@yahoo.comXXX (between x's) that would be good.

I sent a new game to Jayne with the correct names. I don't think I could stand the game always referring to us as the Romans. Sorry for the mess-up in my haste.

In addition to that the file server is not working too smoothly right now, so the pictures can't be updated as of yet. We did get another free tech out of starting over though. We now have Bronze working and Alphabet.

I'll start a new thread once the files can be uploaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom