Starting pos. just out of Brazilian coast

SmiteMeister

Chieftain
Every single game i've started using either the vanilla western hemisphere huge or normal sized, or ozzys map i've started the game at the same position. :sad:

Why?

I'd really like to try just ONE game where i can settle somewhere else that brazil without having to move all the way across the map.

Aren't there any good (and not huge) western hemisphere maps out there that aren't 400mb mods, but just a map with varying starting positions?

Are the maps we download from this civfan site actually save-games from 1. turn? and not maps?

You could WorldBuilder yourself a new starting location, couldn't you?

That was a known problem before the patch and not only was it not fixed but the problem was extended to random maps as well which now have a fixed starting location too.

As stated you could use Worldbuilder but that would mean landing right on top of another European power unless you also moved them around.

By the way - there is an alternative tactic I have used with that map. Sail into the isthmus of Panama and use one of your colonists to build the Panama canal, then sail your ship through and up the West Coast to settle on some great territory near Vancouver. Best done as the Dutch because of their faster ship. It makes for quite a different game.

That was a known problem before the patch and not only was it not fixed but the problem was extended to random maps as well which now have a fixed starting location too.

In my mod, the pb doesn't exist!! the map and the staring location is random!!

Top Bottom