Steam sale: 33% off Civ 5 and all DLC (until July 10th)

Are the Explorer's Map Pack scripts worth getting? I never bother playing prebuilt maps and scenarios.
Hmm.. Hard to say.

I've really enjoyed some of those maps a lot, especially the "Plus"-maps.
On the other hand, there are plenty of good map scripts you can get in the mod browser, like perfectworld and tectonics (and probably plenty more).

So in the end I would say: "No, unless you won't feel anything financially when buying it".

Just noticed Steam has a few DLC bundles as well - I might have to just grab those rather then each piece of DLC individually. Does anyone know what all you would have to get to get 'everything' if you were going to pick up a bundle or two? Steam doesn't let me click any of the dlc to go to a window telling me whats actually in it so I'm not sure whats in the bundles.

That being said, what can/can't be used in MP with all this DLC?

Hmm.. Hard to say.

I've really enjoyed some of those maps a lot, especially the "Plus"-maps.
On the other hand, there are plenty of good map scripts you can get in the mod browser, like perfectworld and tectonics (and probably plenty more).

So in the end I would say: "No, unless you won't feel anything financially when buying it".

What exactly are the 'plus' maps?

The best thing to get, imho, are the civs.
So Babylon, Inca&Spain, Polynesia and Denmark.

And if you want to splash out also the Explorer's Pack, although the latter is really not necessary it does have ten interesting map scripts.
The 'plus'-maps are varations of the continents- and pangaea-maps. I like them, but It know some don't. It's a matter of taste, I guess.

And stay away from the Cradle-maps they aren't really worth your money. I know, I've bought them.

Bit if you want 'everything', then just get the five civ-DLC's, it'll give you more civs to play with, plus aan few scenario's :)

It's finally a daily deal at 50% off
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/?snr=1_4_4_

Base game - $25
Deluxe base game - $30
Cradle of Civ map packs - $1.50 each/$5 bundle
Explorer's map pack - $2.50
Babylon/Polynesia/Denmark - $2.50 each
Spain & Inca pack - $3.75

and in australia

Base game - $39.99
Deluxe base game - $44.97
Cradle of Civ map packs - $1.49 each/ no bundle (that i can see)
Explorer's map pack - $2.99
Babylon/Polynesia/Denmark - $2.99 each
Spain & Inca pack - $4.49

all in $US

i find it interesting that there is no extra markup on the map packs, and as always sux to see the markup on the other items :deadhorse:

and in australia

Base game - $39.99
Deluxe base game - $44.97
Cradle of Civ map packs - $1.49 each/ no bundle (that i can see)
Explorer's map pack - $2.99
Babylon/Polynesia/Denmark - $2.99 each
Spain & Inca pack - $4.49

all in $US

i find it interesting that there is no extra markup on the map packs, and as always sux to see the markup on the other items :deadhorse:

Probably because they don't have any retail interference on the DLC.

I just noticed this today, but didn't see it here. Steam is having a big sale today. Here's the Civ 5 page:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/

(be patient if it doesn't load as there are so many sales going on, huge traffic problems)

Edit July 5th: As some people posted already, Civ 5 is one of the daily deals today. Everything Civ 5 50% off. Daily deals are just that, this day only so get it while it lasts. Also as the title says the 33% off will continue for the duration of the summer sale, but no one wants 33% off when you could get 50% off.
Seems I just missed this nice sale to load up on DLC. Might I suggest future sales are also cross-posted on the stickied thread about webshops and prices? Thanks!

In fact, a -33% sale on Civ5 and all DLC might even be mentioned on the home page by a moderator.

You can also buy it at different places (for instance have a look at Gamersgate), although you'll probably just get a code to use in Steam :p
Ah, interesting. I didn't know that. Do we know more stores that sell the DLC so we can add that to a central list? Pricing seems almost identical to Steam.

Top Bottom