Steam Strategy Fest Starts Monday!

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter

As the title already says, on Monday August 28 the Steam strategy fest will start, with tons of discounts and new demos.

Now, also an overview over the rest:

Sales:
The big series are on sales, that includes:

The other series we love is on sale:

Smaller games and series, which are on sale, and are interesting in one way or another for the population of this forum:

Participating games which have (new) demos available:

This list will be updated with more relevant games for us civ-fanatics.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for sharing Alex :hatsoff:.

Now, also an overview over the rest:

Sales:
The big series are on sales, that includes:
- Civ3, 4 and 6, Colonization and BE (not Civ5, due to unknown reasons)
- Paradox games, including titles of Victoria, Crusader Kings, Age Of Wonders and Hearts of Iron
- Stardock games, including GalCiv2+3
- Age Of Empires
- surprisingly none of the Total War games

The other series we love is on sale:
- Old World

Smaller games and series, which are on sale, and are interesting in one way or another for the population of this forum:
- Ozymandias: Bronze Age Empire Sim
- Imperium: Greek Wars
- Kingdoms Reborn
- Rising Lords
- Lord Of Rigel
- Mahokenshi
- Interstellar Space: Genesis
- Kainga: Seeds Of Civilization
- The Wandering Village
- World Turtles
- Inkulinati
- Pharaoh: A New Era
- Terra Invicta
- Clanfolk
- Songs Of Conquest

Participating games which have (new) demos available:
- Elaborate Lands (obviously)
- Ozymandias: Bronze Age Empire Sim
- Lord Of Rigel
- Reus 2
- Rising Lords
- Hexarchy

1693259029069.png

* Sorry, it's in Aussie dollars, but you get the gist.

@The_J Not sure which Colonization you meant so I thought I'd mentioned that both classic Colonization (not under your Firaxis link) and Civ4 Colonization are on sale:

Master of Magic classic and the remake are on sale

The entirety of the Civ and MoM like series Age of Wonders is on sale too (EDIT: Opps you did mention them, my bad lol)

Other Civ & MoM like games like the Warlock Series, Eador series and Planar Conquest are all on sale too.

Sadly none of the Master of Orion games (classic or remake) are on sale.. however I highly recommend this indie MoO2 like game that is on sale:

Dune Spice Wars

Weirdly Amplitudes Civ like Humankind and MoM like Endless Legend, the Col like Treasure Fleet, and Stardocks Civ & MoM like Elemental series are not on sale sadly.

Last edited:
Theocracy - my personal take on older Civs, but with religion/mythology twist, should be easily enjoyable by all Civ fans who like retro, single player, turn-based 4X.

EDIT: Opps I missed the post above and pretty much posted the same thing here after seeing your FB comment, have deleted the original text lol.

Not knowing you were here I also made a separate thread about your game going into more detail as I'm not sure if anyone here knew about it! That looks really cool! Can see the Civ 2 and Civ 1 influences and it looks like you've created a fascinating mix of historical and mythological elements.

Last edited:
@The_J Not sure which Colonization you meant so I thought I'd mentioned that both classic Colonization (not under your Firaxis link) and Civ4 Colonization are on sale:
There is only One Col to Rule Them All! The classic of course! :p

Theocracy - my personal take on older Civs, but with religion/mythology twist, should be easily enjoyable by all Civ fans who like retro, single player, turn-based 4X.
How many civs can participate in a Theocracy game ?

EDIT: Opps I missed the post above and pretty much posted the same thing here after seeing your FB comment, have deleted the original text lol.

Not knowing you were here I also made a separate thread about your game going into more detail as I'm not sure if anyone here knew about it! That looks really cool! Can see the Civ 2 and Civ 1 influences and it looks like you've created a fascinating mix of historical and mythological elements.
When I saw this I got excited, as I thought it was this Theocracy, a great old game: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theocracy_(video_game)

When I saw the great list of the games on sale on Steam I thought that it might be a good moment to introduce my game, so I posted it at FB and here. Thanks so much for actually making a thread for it!

It is my personal "project", a sort of "one day I would like to make a strategy game with reasonable AI" thing, and there is no denying it is heavily inspired by Civ1 and Civ2 - which I spent solid part of my younger years enjoying.

How many civs can participate in a Theocracy game ?
If you mean human players, it is single player only.
If you mean how many opponents you can have, the standard game can handle 9 players, so you and 8 AI opponents. Plus Pagans, Heretics and Atheists, which are special "civs" sort of like Barbarians, but they actually really play like special opponents, they don't just "roam around" like in Civ1 or Civ2. That makes it 11.

In mods/scenarios more players will be allowed, but that feature is not released yet.

kapitainkook, thank you very much for the answer. 9 players, that is more than I have expected :) - and now to steam to order this game (so I would have preferred GOG).

When I saw this I got excited, as I thought it was this Theocracy, a great old game: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theocracy_(video_game)
Yeah when I was looking on youtube for a copy of the gameplay Trailer @kaptainkook has on his steam page to put in the other thread but failed to find one however I kept finding videos about another Theocracy game that I'd never heard of set in the Colonization era. Looks pretty cool. Think I'll share it around the Col groups to see if others know about it.

When I saw the great list of the games on sale on Steam I thought that it might be a good moment to introduce my game, so I posted it at FB and here. Thanks so much for actually making a thread for it!
Glad you did. 'Civ like' games are of big interest to us here and retro Civ/Col/MoM inspired ones are of even bigger interest to me personally. There's more I can do too so I'll probably PM you soon about it as your game deserves may more attention.

If you mean human players, it is single player only.
If you mean how many opponents you can have, the standard game can handle 9 players, so you and 8 AI opponents. Plus Pagans, Heretics and Atheists, which are special "civs" sort of like Barbarians, but they actually really play like special opponents, they don't just "roam around" like in Civ1 or Civ2. That makes it 11.

In mods/scenarios more players will be allowed, but that feature is not released yet.
That sounds really good to me too.

kapitainkook, thank you very much for the answer. 9 players, that is more than I have expected :) - and now to steam to order this game (so I would have preferred GOG).
Cool, it'll be a while before I get to trying it so feel free to post your gameplay impressions over in that other thread I made as I'll be very curious to hear your thoughts on it mate. Plus we're kinda railroading The_J's sales thread here lol!

Cool, it'll be a while before I get to trying it so feel free to post your gameplay impressions over in that other thread I made as I'll be very curious to hear your thoughts on it mate.
For me this will need some times, too, as at present I have all hands full to do with finishing the next version of CCM, including CCM 2.6, RARR, SOE, WW2 Global Gold and AOI.

A first fast view behind the scenes shows, that it has bmp graphics with a nearly Civ 2 "pre-ToT" (48x48) format for units and the game could be a good graphical choice for Civ 2 modders. The unit and monster graphics are nice, but I have not seen a way to animate them, as it could be with Civ 2 ToT units. The game data are .ebm files.

Blake00, all in all I think with this price you cannot make something wrong and the concept of the game looks fresh and interesting - for me much more interesting than some games with a price, that is 5-6 times higher.

For me this will need some times, too, as at present I have all hands full to do with finishing the next version of CCM, including CCM 2.6, RARR, SOE, WW2 Global Gold and AOI.

A first fast view behind the scenes shows, that it has bmp graphics with a nearly Civ 2 "pre-ToT" (48x48) format for units and the game could be a good graphical choice for Civ 2 modders. The unit and monster graphics are nice, but I have not seen a way to animate them, as it could be with Civ 2 ToT units. The game data are .ebm files.

Blake00, all in all I think with this price you cannot make something wrong and the concept of the game looks fresh and interesting - for me much more interesting than some games with a price, that is 5-6 times higher.
Hi. Indeed the game graphics like units are totally Civ2-style and the game is prepared for modding EXACTLY the way that Civ2 was. For this reason the game-play graphics are simple BMP files and can be easily changed. All game rules can be stored and modified in a TXT file (again, almost exactly like Civ2 files used to be) and really a lot of the game can be modded and whole scenarios prepared. However, the scenarios support is not yet released, but I am working on finishing it. There is no animation of units at the moment. Data files are encrypted and "EBM" format is my own format, those files cannot be modified, but it wouldn't make sense. Sounds can also be modified, they are plain WAV files. As said, rules of the games (units, techs, buildings, miracles, etc.) can be stored in plain TXT file, but it's not out there yet.

Top Bottom