Steam vs Civ5

Khavikanum

Chieftain
So, in Steam, I hit F12 to save a screenshot -- but in Civ5BNW F12 causes a game crash..? Or maybe it was because I was taking a screen shot of a Polish Great Merchant that could puppet cities for Venice that caused the crash. But, seriously, how are you guys making screen shots while in Civ? (And why does the Civ5BNW bug report show as Civ5G&K bug reporting..?)

So, in Steam, I hit F12 to save a screenshot -- but in Civ5BNW F12 causes a game crash..? Or maybe it was because I was taking a screen shot of a Polish Great Merchant that could puppet cities for Venice that caused the crash. But, seriously, how are you guys making screen shots while in Civ? (And why does the Civ5BNW bug report show as Civ5G&K bug reporting..?)

Yep, this bug was in G&K as well and seems to be in BNW too. Just assign the screenshot button to another F-key.

I have the same problem. In gods and kings it loaded a random previous save, but at least took the screenshot. Now in Brave New World it just crashes the game and doesn't take the shot

Really? I've been print-screening with F12 without any problems :confused:

So where do I find screenshots I've made with [FN][PrintScr] or wherever the heck it is on my keyboard? I've never been able to figure that out...

Really? I've been print-screening with F12 without any problems :confused:
That's what happens if you don't have any quicksaves.

F12 to CivV is quickload. So that's what's happening. I don't know why quickload is crashing - presumably something to do with the quicksave file it's loading.

I've never used quicksave, so F12 for screenshots is fine for me. I did accidentally quicksave once, so I just deleted the quicksave file and then all was fine again.

So where do I find screenshots I've made with [FN][PrintScr] or wherever the heck it is on my keyboard? I've never been able to figure that out...

You go into paint or whatever kind of image-program you have and click paste.

When you click print screen you copy the image the same way you copy some text with ctrl-c or "copy. "
It's not saved as a file as fair as I know.

Or you could use Steam's built in screenshot function and hotkey it to a random, unused button on the number pad.

I am having crashes when loading a game from my current game so maybe the F12 crash is to do with the loading?

Top Bottom