Steampunk/Victorian Interface

Looking good BM. Can't wait to see what images you choose.
I've got five very good images selected & prepared. I prefer not to reveal them until the final PCXs are ready. I'm just waiting for this final touch before I reduce & index the palettes & post them.

Is there any chance you'd be willing to let me use the gilt frames you use around the dialog boxes, etc. to set off the actual era image from the surrounding background? I could cut them out from your images but if you've got them separately that would be great.

It just happens that I inadvertently left a raw GIMP file in the original interface that Virote_Considon uploaded, in the PlayerSetup folder. If you use GIMP you've got it in a layer there, I think. I can send it to you if you don't have it there. Otherwise, you'll have to do a cut'n'paste job (as I did on the widescreen wonder splash), because that's the only one of those original files left on earth. I can't wait to see the Era Splashes.

Aemilius - There is a project underway that will use these graphics: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=272. Recently we've changed track and are developing a scenario using the map created by Balthasar. Have a look in the Map Creation Thread.

If you want to simply install the graphics for a normal game you will have to create a new biq file using the Editor as well as create a folder structure that mimics the main game files. It's not as hard to do as it sounds.

Aemilius - There is a project underway that will use these graphics: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=272. Recently we've changed track and are developing a scenario using the map created by Balthasar. Have a look in the Map Creation Thread.

If you want to simply install the graphics for a normal game you will have to create a new biq file using the Editor as well as create a folder structure that mimics the main game files. It's not as hard to do as it sounds.

When I put this graphics mod in my game, I just pasted in the new images over the old interface (after backing up of course) and it seems to work just fine.

... is there something I am missing?

You're not missing anything if you want to use it all the time. At least you've backed up the original files. I prefer having it in a specific Scenario folder even if I have to, as King Arthur said, create a new one just for it. Thank you though, Aemilius, for bringing it to my attention that I wasn't clear that these files all go into a Conquests\Scenarios\[scenario name]\Art folder. I changed the explanation in the downloads database to explain this. Sorry; sometimes I forget that there are some people out there that are just learning how to do this. Thanks for your interest. Even though its been awhile since I made it (and Virote_Considon rescued it) I still like to hear feedback (and why is his upload rated and mine isn't? - Odd).

Sorry to bump, but I do have a (rather small) reason. The "up" arrow in the diplomacy screen doesn't seem to be working properly:

As you can see, the down arrow works perfectly, but there is no arrow pointing up! It's only a minor nuisance, but I though you'd like to know all the same :)

Okay, now I've found the problem. Both the uparrow and downarrow files in the Art/Diplomacy folder were mis-indexed. I fixed it in the download, and have the individual files here:

View attachment uparrow.pcx

View attachment downarrow.pcx

Thanks again for the heads-up Virote. You're the guardian angel of this interface, for sure.

:bump: Sorry for bumping this thread, but I have a problem: when I tried using this for the Industrial Start (I renamed England and Elizabeth to Britain and Victoria, for extra authenticity ;) ), I got this in the player setup:

I'm playing Play the World (Conquests doesn't work. :( ), fully patched. Is this related to the problem? If not, how can I fix this?

Another problem, which I am sure is related to the fact that this was made for Conquests: All the Worker Action buttons are mixed up!:

The actual actions are (from left to right): Build Road, Build Fortress, Plant Forest, Automate and Build Outpost (The Build Mine icon is now used for Clear Jungle, and the Sacrifice icon is now for Build City). Can you please tell me the name of the file that shows the worker actions, so I can fix it myself?

In addition (no explanation needed) :

How can this be fixed?

Attachments

• Strange Steampunk.jpg
    Strange Steampunk.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 274
I'd almost guarantee it has to do with the fact that you're playing PTW as opposed to Conquests. That blank box to the right is where Civ aggressiveness should go (feature added in C3C).

I realize it's a bumped thread, but I must have been on Civ hiatus or some such to miss this - I've been looking for just such an interface to replace the 'institutionalized' vanilla one.

Many thanks, Balthasar!

Farsight: The interface was made for Conquests, because that's what I've been using - it never occurred to me at the time that PTW has an (almost) entirely different interface, but looking over my PTW files, sure enough, it does. The buttons are the easy part, though. Go to the (Scenario)/Art/interface folder and move the files NormButtons, highlightedbuttons, and rolloverbuttons out of the folder to...anywhere; a temp file maybe. The game will just add in your regular default buttons (provided they're still in their proper place). Maybe one day I'll make a PTW patch for it, but right now I'm up to my ass in alligators.

God Money: Glad you like it. Wait until you see the mod it was made for, due later this year. In the meantime elements of it are all over my signature, below.

but right now I'm up to my ass in alligators.
Overheard in the Strangers' Room: "So Challenger, Greystoke, & Kane walk into a swamp..." :p

God Money: Glad you like it. Wait until you see the mod it was made for, due later this year. In the meantime elements of it are all over my signature, below.
And (ahem) elsewhere. :mischief:

Top Bottom