[BNW] Stereoscopic 3D cursor in city view screen

CanoeHead

Chieftain
In the city view screen, the cursor switches fine between the stereoscopic "layer" in the center (the city plots) and the boxes at the top, left-side, and bottom left of the screen; however, the cursor does not recognize the black bar on the bottom and right side menu boxes. As a consequence, the cursor (and any accompanying mouse over window appear "behind" these elements. It makes the right side options (citizens, Buildings, Great person points, etc.) in the menu boxes difficult to choose. Can anybody help provide some direction on where to look on fixing it?

I tried the various window focus tricks. It seems that as soon as you tick "stereoscopic 3d" in the NVidia control panel, the issue occurs (whether you CTRL-T to 3D and back to non-3D)

Specs are:

Win 10 Pro
i5-6600K
GeForce GTX 1070
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming-3 board.

Edit: I corrected incorrect spec info. I also found a quick fix. In the CityView_small.xml file found in ... ...\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\CityView directory (if you play the BNW expansion, there a multiple files of the same name in other directories, be sure you choose the right one for your setup) -- please, backup your file first -- run a find for "<!-- Building Stack 32x32CityWorker -->" comment element (not including the quotes) and there is an open element tag "<Grid Size="289,768" Anchor="R,T" Offset="14,-9" Style="Grid9DetailSix140" ID="BuildingListBackground" Hidden="0" >" (your inside values may vary). Add " ConsumeMouse="1" " to the end.

The tag will look something like this:

<Grid Size="289,768" Anchor="R,T" Offset="14,-9" Style="Grid9DetailSix140" ID="BuildingListBackground" Hidden="0" ConsumeMouse="1">

I haven't looked at the thin bottom panel yet, as there is no information displayed there. You may try this exercise yourself.

BTW, if you haven't tried civ 5 in stereo 3d yet, you don't know what you are missing!

Last edited:
Top Bottom