stEspIINES - Realised Dreams

I'm not nagging, but when's update? The only reason I ask is not out of itching eagerness, but desperate hope I can get orders in on time.

Since the construction of Aikhaidov, the second great city of the Khaumasi Empire, the empire had been doing very well. But 100 years later, the newly crowned Emperor Kuataim IV wanted more. The Empire would rise out of the jungle, he said, huge stone temples dedicated to Khuzamua, thousands of straw huts for the commoners and stone houses for the nobles, large barracks for training the army, and each city dominated by the central government buildings. The Khaumasi population was ever-expanding, and many people were looking for new places to live.

Orders: Our new emperor is Kuataim IV, if you wish to change my stats with that. Make stone deposits off-limits to civilians to curb counterfeiting. Start the construction of four new cities near our capital, two on each side of the river. Encourage people to move there. Also encourage lots of reproduction ;). Divide our 250 Warriors into two groups: 150 Spearmen, who use stone headed spears, and 100 Axemen, who use stone axes. Recruit 100 new spearmen and 100 new axemen and 50 new archers. Start building large weapon shops in my cities to accomadate these new soldiers. Keep looking for edible plants to take seeds and farm near the cities. Oh, and also take "other Aizhuaku tribes" out of the heretics thing in my religion template, my religion currently has no heretics.

To: Neighboring Tribes
Perhaps you wish to join us? Our lifestyle is great, food is plentiful, and protection is good. You are also free to practice whatever beliefs you hold. I can guarantee you will be happier with us.

OOC: Sorry for it being short. Can’t get in the mood lately.

IC:

Drehagan has always been old. He was old. But he seemingly was not getting any older. It seemed as if he was immortal. When asked whether he was, he commented not, but as he did, when creating the hierarchy of the Mitsaran Empire, state that after his death, successors appointed by him will rule, it was thought that he was not immortal in his own eyes.

But the people thought he was. And thus it was shock when the Sage has died.

His last words were “Merages”. There were no doubts as to what this meant. Merages, a general-priest, was granted the title of First Successor of the Sage.

The Mitsaran move to Victory continue.

Orders:
- Try to tame some of those "gray animals" (eliphants, I presume).
- Try to forge copper weapons (I assume that, as we live in the hills, we should have metals).
- Continue growing our army (500 more ordinary warriors).
- Expand with our entire army to the west and the east, to take the lands that were abandoned by our enemies.
- Continue building Blood Temples and Altars. MUWHAHAHAHA!

update will be sunday probably.

Diplo

To: Khaumasu

We gratiously accept your offer and wish to live in peace, we offer the services of our best hunters and the knowledge of our nearby lands. We would also like it if you would show us how to make those fruit farms.

Oh, good. I can write a nice story, then. BTW, is it OK if I define some more non-domesticatable animals just for story flavor?

To: Neighoring Tribes
Of course we will teach you the methods of fruit farming; it is rather simple, really. We thank you for your cooperation.

Extra orders: Give the neighboring tribes the fruit farming tech if they will join us.

The Prophet Emporer of the Kiatians sat silently in his stone palace, contemplating the signs he had recieved from the Kami. He had found animals to churn the fields, a blessing to be sure. His warriers had found weak villiages in the way, but where they really in the the way? No, the Kami were showing him a sign, as was their wont, a sign that sang for the Kiatains to take everything and anything from those weaker than themselves. To rise and snatch dominace from the people. To Convert the world in burning fire...

His reperive was disturbed by a large burly man barging into the Holy Sanctum. The Prophet emporer snorted, by made no other indication that he was annoyed. "Well, what is it?" the Prophet emporer asked.

"Lord Ashikaga, the tribes that you threated, they are deserted!" said the Shogun, a man named Takauji. The Prophet emporer remained silent, for it was exactly as he had foreseen. A great multitude of men running from those blessed by Kami...the Kiatians.

After a while, the prophet emporer spoke, "Gather your men Shogun. Our people will march into glorious War. These lands, both explored and unexplored...will be mine. "

Warriors of the Kami

The Warriors of the Kiatian empire stood in a long line slightly out side the city. Women walked up and down the line, painting the warriors with a black paint made from a wild berry that can from the grassland. The Black paint had a bittersweet smell, perhaps to remind the men that their new make-up was intended for war.

As the women continued their painting, Takauji became to prep the men in front of him. "Today, men of Ki, Kali watches over us, and blesses the very bones in our Prophet's quest! Know that the paint on your body represents Utiaon, that he too will watch over you and deliver you into paradise when you die! The White powder marking your foreheads represents Jesui, so that you remember who protects you know! There is Darkness is in the light, and Light shines even in darkness! Remember that these markings represent both Light and Darkness, and have no fear! Rid your self of fear and doubt now, for you are the blessed of the Gods!"

The screams of bloodlust reverbated into the palace of the Prophet emporer, who merely smiled from his stone throne.

Orders

*Grow warriors by 500 ( Equip them with the Black War paint and white powder and call them Hattakan (UU))

*Breed the cattle to become stronger (hopefully) and to have massive amouts of them.

*Take stone and smooth it, and then shape the stone into a weadge and attach it to a leather/wooden harness. The harness is for the cattle who will pull the stone "plow" as directed by the farmers. Use this technique for irrgation and farming to increase fertility and crop return.

*Also take the Cattle and herd them in the Grassland outside of Kia and when the oxen/cows are fat enough bring some back into the city to be slaugthered and eaten, giving a variety of food opurtunity for my people.

*Recuit 250 scouts into the army and send them into all directions to bring back anything and everything that they happen to find

*Establish a second city on the opposite bank of the river around near the Eastern Fishing village.

*Build temples in the city and have them double as teaching facilities for the people about the sciences that we know.

*Continue working on the irragation system all along the river bank

*Begin running irragation from the river into the city for an even closer access to fresh water

*Follow this army path: A = 350 B= 350

OK, here's a map with all the names of the tribes so far on. Update will be tomorrow so please get orders in ASAP.

Attachments

• named100.GIF
    named100.GIF
    28.3 KB · Views: 156
“You suggest tearing open the surface of the world and then boring into her to find a few discolored rocks?”

Geji sighed. “Honorable Senator, that is NOT what I am suggesting. What I am suggesting is that with the blessings of the Gods, in certain sites we dig to discover-.”

“NO! The ground has a soul, just as we do. And you suggest tearing it up?”

“However much it might be torn up, it will be but a scratch, it would be like us scratching ourselves to obtain a small resource to aids thousands of others. While it does hurt the soul in question, it makes millions more happy, thus makes the first soul attain perfection easier. We’re doing it a favor.”

“That doesn’t really make sense.”

“Then think, if not for the benefit of the souls involved, for the benefit of our nation. Our nation could very much prosper from the extraction of these metals, as I’m sure you’ll agree.”

“Yes it could. But violating the earth?”

“It is not so much of a much. It’s not even like a knife wound. It’s more like that of a scratch.”

“Or a mite.”

“Yes.”

“But, honorable Geji. What might happen if the Earth decides to scratch?”

“Then we receive just punishment. But look at this. Look around you. We carved the meeting amphitheater into the rock, just as we might a mine. Did it scratch? We carved rocks out of cliff sides, did it scratch? We hauled rocks over distances to build our cities. Did it scratch? We broke rocks into gravel. Did it scratch?”

“Well...” Tarkij looked embarrassed. “No. But-.”

“But nothing. I ask the Visij [equivalent to our Speaker of the House] to put it to the vote.” He glanced downward at the figure who was below him.

“Have you made your point, Senator Khelm?”

“Well...”

“Let me phrase it this way. Have you any further arguments?”

“No,” the Senator said, his face burning.

“Very well.” I call it to the vote. Those who agree with the Rationalist proposal, please stand up.”

Geji rose with the rest of his fellow party members. However, they did not constitute a majority. What they needed... His heart rose as the Religionists began to rise, one by one. Not all of them, not even half, but this was enough to give them a two thirds majority, many of the small parties joining the Rationalists, after all. He smiled.

“Very well,” the Visij said. “Bring this law to the Kuzani for concession.”

The Rationalists cheered, Geji with them. It was a fine day, and perhaps soon enough they would be finding out how good these metals were, after all.

ORDERS **SECRET**:

Grow learning to help us with mineral searches and food source exploitation.

Begin to look for metal ores. Especially in areas where glaciers and volcanoes coexist, as the Volcanoes generally deposit the metals from the deeper earth to the near surface, and glaciers carve out the metals and deposit them in their debris. We have discovered the pure copper, I assume, it is easy enough to find in a mountainous area with lots of glaciers, like our’s must have had. Figure out how to make these metals as pure if not purer than the nuggets we find. Figure out how best they can be used. Even try mixing them. Judging by our geographic and geologic conditions as far as I know, there should be Copper, Tin, Iron, and Silver around us, if not a little Gold as well.

If we find a metal sufficiently hard, explore it’s uses in weaponry. If we find metals that are rare and easily worked, explore their uses as trade goods (this will eventually evolve into currency).

Meanwhile, explore the further use of stone. Striving, eventually, to develop the pillar, the arch, and the vault.

Explore the further use of ditches on the sides of the roads to drain sewage.

Try to invent new ways to increase food production. For example, the crop cycle. Also make use of local crops that are not yet domesticated but are edible. Such as the tubers (potatoes and their cousins), fruits (apples), nuts, etc. Basically increase our diet.

Explore the improvement of our current boats into something further. Try experimenting with various materials to make the boat more stable and larger. Examples of real world things like this are using overlapping planks to make a bigger boat than with a single log, keels, outriggers, and so on and so forth.

With our (hopefully) improved boats, begin to perform large scale fishing activities from Jetan, try innovating to develop nets. Basic stuff. Try all levels of the ocean. So we might get tuna from one level, and (this would be really nice to have on our plates) shrimp from the deep. This increase in seafood will make our population much healthier, as we will now get all the Iodide that we need (a rather essential nutrient lacking in many mainland diets), and proteins as well.

All of the above should make for a more balanced diet, leading to rapidly increasing population and better living styles.

To augment this, search our land for large domesticates who can provide meat. Real life parallels are pigs, cattle, etc. There should be a few.

From the tundra areas around Fini, look for fur bearing animals once again. If we find them, begin to hunt them, though not enough to extinguish a population, only small scale. This will keep the furs a luxury and thus with high returns from the sales, and it will mean the activity is sustainable.

Meanwhile, we will attempt to consolidate and expand our empire further.

Basically, the gist of our expansions:

1) Tundra annexation. We are going to attempt to annex large swathes of turndra. There are probably few barbarian tribes here, and the area is flatter than our past expansions, so it should go much more quickly and smoothly. Perhaps found a city in there, if needed to secure it.

2) Basic expansions. Just expand a bit around all of our cities, trying to connect them and consolidate them.

3) Road building. Build a road in our gravel style following the known easy passes through the mountains from Tourijan through Aluji to Kaffa.

4. From sea to shining sea. Continue expanding Westward at a quick rate. The new tribe might prove a problem as it looks to be large. Call it Kerch. This is what we will do with it.

Firstly, send it a diplo asking them to surrender unless they want us to conquer them. Make preparations for another long overland march.

If they agree to join us, then jolly good, continue the march down the river to the other sea. If they don’t, unleash the dogs of war.

Send the main portion of our army, excluding Unique Units, to attack them by the typical route they would expect, that is to say, straight at them. This force should eventually artificially bog down and face them on a static front, crushing all attempts to outflank the front but at the same time not making any other offensive gestures.

Meanwhile, the UU will take the long route, making an epic march, living off the land and also with whatever supplies we can spare for them. Their loop will take them around and we will strike across the river and smash the enemy from behind. Take their capital of Kerch and then move on to strike their army from behind, in conjunction with a renewed assault on their main forces. Caught in a gigantic pincer, they will be utterly crushed, and we can continue our march down the sea.

Also, you will notice a second red arrow into their territory. This is to build a large fortress (which may or may not grow into a city) to secure the river. Even if somehow the enemy resists our forces, the fort should still be built, outflanking them and securing a base for further expeditions against Kerch.

Also encourage settlers to use their own initiative to colonize down the river and towards the coast.

One last, minor side note. Name the river the Sacred River. :)

why not send them now?

DARUK

In just a few short dynasties, Daruk has risen from the obsqure city that it was to an empire, the strongest in Sedaria. But King Sideous was not happy. The people lived in their villages throughout the empire, with no uniform culture or state. Sideous decided to begin the construction of temples, markets, and pebbled streets in order to build up the infrastructure and better unite the people.

Plus, this should add to the culture change of the people from a barely urban people to a more city dwelling-like people. Instead of hunting parties for each village, farms will be built. And, because of the introduction of the wheel, caravans will connect each market, and chariots would become the defenders of the people.

Sorry for lack of story.

ORDERS
-Spend treasury money on building temples, markets, pebbled streets, etc for the small villages to transform them to larger cities.
-Introduce chariots into the army, recruit 100 of them, and change 200 infantry to 200 more chariots.
-Send my army northwest to conquer some of the highland tribes.
-Send trading missions down river to the coastal tribes of Sedaria.
-Build barracks and pallasades and whatnot on the border with Ferusia.

eyey. Thanks Jason. I have written update and I will post tmorrow morning to hopefully let Panda get orders in.

@Conehead - ofc you can

Note, I will write the next update as soon as possible, but since it is Christmas (and there iwll be Christmas surprises for each of your tribes in the next update :)) then I may wait a fortnight, but all the more time for stories heh? :D

Top Bottom