Still dont quite get districts

Esperr

King
Been playing for about 40 hours now and still dont exactly get what yields my districts are giving me on he initial district itself,and cant seem to quite figure it out from the game either. So is an industrial district with no bonuses or buildings just giving my city that its in 1 production? What about with 1 adjacency bonus? Same goes for the other districts like the hub. I just find it hard to believe that all that production to build one only to have a base yield of 1 to 3 of a certain yield.

The adjacency bonuses can be powerful early game, but the buildings are the major players late game. Late game, districts are a barrier that makes it harder for you to build buildings. Some of the late game buildings also have regional bonuses that give yields to nearby cities. They're pretty powerful, but also very expensive, so you don't want too many of them.

The point of the Industrial Zone without buildings and poor adjacency bonus is to give you Great Engineer Points (aside than to enable the construction of those buildings which will make a lot of production). Great People can be very important. Same goes for every Specialty Districts.

If you hover on the tile, district yields are visible on the tooltip.
Districts increasing cost is the reason why you need to build your cities ASAP.

Been playing for about 40 hours now and still dont exactly get what yields my districts are giving me on he initial district itself,and cant seem to quite figure it out from the game either. So is an industrial district with no bonuses or buildings just giving my city that its in 1 production? What about with 1 adjacency bonus? Same goes for the other districts like the hub. I just find it hard to believe that all that production to build one only to have a base yield of 1 to 3 of a certain yield.

Think of disticts like a box that you can put stuff in it. An empty box might not seem like much but it is what you put in the box that matters. The buildings that you put in the districts make them quite strong. Also districts generate great people points which is super important. I would recommend that you avoid building districts with only +1 adjacency bonus. Try to find spots with +3 actually adjacency bonuses.

Ive been playing on emperor/ immortal and still didnt quite get how they worked. I understood the power of factorys and stuff, I was more just wondering if all that initial investment really was for just 1 to 3 hammers per turn.

Thankyou everybody.

When you click on a city name and the small screen pops up in the bottom right corner, scroll over where it shows how much production you have each turn and it will give you a breakdown

Well, there's a few other things about districts. Trade routes TO a city get bonus food/production/gold when that city has certain districts. Also there's policies that double the adjacency bonuses that can yield quite a bit if the district is placed well.

Maybe just as importantly, a lot of wonders need to be built next to a corresponding district. For example it's a good idea to build an entertainment district in a central location of your empire so you can build the Colosseum there and get huge AoE benefits. Quite a few wonders are restricted by having a well placed encampment as well.

Without any numerical data, no the cost of the districts themselves is usually not worth it. But districts allow you to build specific buildings on them, that you can't build otherwise. I think of building districts as an investment, where I might not get immediate gains from building them, but once I start adding to them they become well worth it.

The adjacency bonuses refer to the the type of resource that that district is associated with.
Holy Site - Faith
Campus - Science
Commercial Hub - Gold
Theater Square - Culture
Industrial Zone - Production
Neighborhood - Housing

Below is a chart that shows the values gained by adjacent tiles.
Civ6-Districts.png

Image Source: http://i.imgur.com/roUW0RN.png

Without any numerical data, no the cost of the districts themselves is usually not worth it. But districts allow you to build specific buildings on them, that you can't build otherwise. I think of building districts as an investment, where I might not get immediate gains from building them, but once I start adding to them they become well worth it.

The adjacency bonuses refer to the the type of resource that that district is associated with.
Holy Site - Faith
Campus - Science
Commercial Hub - Gold
Theater Square - Culture
Industrial Zone - Production
Neighborhood - Housing

Below is a chart that shows the values gained by adjacent tiles.View attachment 456586
Image Source: http://i.imgur.com/roUW0RN.png

Great image, thanks

Another thing of note about Districts is some of them unlock Trade Routes, and others (all of them?) benefit Trade Routes.

The Commercial zone and the Harbor both unlock a trader. A trader sent to a city with an Industrial zone gains extra hammers. Put this together and you can snowball production.

Also, you must have a Holy Site to found a religion. The religion is created on the District itself, not the city like it used to be.

Top Bottom