Still no portuguese patch ?

Burberryan

Chieftain
So fine, one of the most defining, historically most important civs was left out of the game (as well as pretty much everything else, they just DISCOVERED the continent, nothing of note I guess).

Now please have the decency to make a patch to ammend that error... I'd like to buy the game and play it.

Thank you.

Build a bridge mate. They ain't going to add in Portugal.

But there's already mods that do add them in.

So fine, one of the most defining, historically most important civs was left out of the game (as well as pretty much everything else, they just DISCOVERED the continent, nothing of note I guess).

I'm currently working on a Portugal mod that focuses their Civilization on exploration. You can find the thread discussing it here. The mod itself should be ready for playtesting in the next couple days and then I'll post it in the downloads section.

Uh, Christopher Columbus discovered the continent, and he was Italian. :p

Portugal was never meant to be officially in the game, but as it was said, there are at least two mods that add it as a playable nation.

Are you a spacealien or something? It's a game and it is a computer game to play. Leave the historical facts in the history books and just play the darn game.

I just posted the Portugal Mod (Version 1.00) here. For those of you who want to comment on it, you can discuss it here.

I should have a new version ready in a day or so depending on RL... it's mainly a change to the Portuguese civilization and a few graphics changes.

The change for the Portuguese is to drop the +25% to first contact gold (since it was too random and also increases in usefulness with the size of the map).

Uh, Christopher Columbus discovered the continent, and he was Italian. :p

He's referencing the fact that the Portuguese, while tacking the wind on their return trips from Africa in the 1450s 60s 70s etc, reported on a few occasions of sighting land to their west, which was, of course Brazil. Although I prefer to say Madoc of Wales was the first to discover America, and he settled in modern day Georgia. :p

I'm not sure if they'll include a new civ in the upcoming patches.It just not their habit for adding civ in patches.

Btw why don't just download the mod.
The mod that include china, denmark, sweden and portugal is already here.

Top Bottom