still playing in 2020?

I am about to start playing! I played ROM: New Dawn for several years but it became too easy to win. Hoping FFH will be worth mastering... I really want a challenge again.

I am about to start playing! I played ROM: New Dawn for several years but it became too easy to win. Hoping FFH will be worth mastering... I really want a challenge again.
Welcome to the community!

I've gotten my friends patched up to MNAI 2.9 and we've been having fun playing over Steam. We're planning on looking into AoE games at some point. Right now we're fighting what looks like a hard 4 player limit over Steam for base FFH; haven't gotten everyone together to try the MNAI 2.9 build yet.

Hoping FFH will be worth mastering... I really want a challenge again.

It certainly is, there are so, so many unique gameplay aspects to explore in vanilla and even more in the various modmods.

I've recently gotten hooked again and have been binging the last few months. I've come to love ExtraModMod and especially Nikis-Knight's Erebus map. It makes for such a rich world... I keep attempting a boring, quiet builder game but ending up in convoluted global conflicts or having to save the world from armageddon as the Sheaim/Infernals start to consume half of the map. My current game I was trying a culture victory as Kuriotates, and now I've got half the civilizations of the world vassalized to fight off both heaven and hell as the Mercurians and Sheaim managed to end up as part of the same alliance. Though I haven't seen a game where Auric did much more than make it snow everywhere, unfortunately.

Hello again..... I played ffh many years ago, and was quite active on this site. I've looked in a few times, I still see some names I remember..... and yes I still play ffh.... though I have to use my old computer to do so. Which brings me to the reason I'm posting now. I'd like to introduce someone to CIV IV and how can I not show him the BEST version of civ IV namely Fall from heaven.... If only they'd make Kael Firaxis' CEO.

But the language has changed.... you can fall further now, someone's burnt Erebus down and the navy's got AI.... erm.... I'm a bit lost.

Could someone please point me to a download that is stable, preferably intelligent, and for the sake of my friend, still has a community going.

I also found this page to provide a very good overview: https://fallfromheaven.fandom.com/wiki/ModMods (Among other things it shows how the various modmods are related to eachother and wether they are abandoned or not).

Also, from my own experience and what I noticed on the forums until now, it appears that the shortest answer to your question would be : "Play MNAI if you want to be as close as possible to the original FfH2 experience without missing out on all the bugfixes."

Hello again..... I played ffh many years ago, and was quite active on this site. I've looked in a few times, I still see some names I remember..... and yes I still play ffh.... though I have to use my old computer to do so. Which brings me to the reason I'm posting now. I'd like to introduce someone to CIV IV and how can I not show him the BEST version of civ IV namely Fall from heaven.... If only they'd make Kael Firaxis' CEO.

But the language has changed.... you can fall further now, someone's burnt Erebus down and the navy's got AI.... erm.... I'm a bit lost.

Could someone please point me to a download that is stable, preferably intelligent, and for the sake of my friend, still has a community going.
My personal choice for "as close as possible to the original, and stable" is ExtraModMod with the extra leaders turned off. Also, I have no problems playing FfH2 on even my fastest computers, with the Steam installations of Civ IV and BTS, so I'm surprised to hear that only your old machine runs it. Do you have them on Steam?

Just today I finished a game with my favourite civilization - the Ljosalfar, led by Arendel. I play Fall Further, a modmod to FFH. It seems that I have missed the Ashes of Erebus modmod. I'll definitely need to give it a try, sounds really intriguing.
I haven't played a regular game of Civ 4 in years, but some of the mods (especially FFH and its clones) are what makes this game so special and replayable.

I haven't played a regular game of Civ 4 in years, but some of the mods (especially FFH and its clones) are what makes this game so special and replayable.
I can't remember the last time I played a regular game of Civ, any version, even though I have 2-6 (and started my journey with 1, and the Avalon Hill boardgame it was based on). Gotta be over 10 years ago. The last couple of times I fired up a regular game, even on Civ VI, it just felt... shallow. I'm playing ExtraModMod now. Recommended!

I just recently completed a game of vanilla FFH, no submods or anything. So yes, there are people still playing.

Firing up a new game today! ❤️

ExtraModMod here.

Top Bottom