still playing in 2020?

Yep, I'm still playing :) I play FFH more than any other version of Civ. Have had long breaks at times, but I've recently picked it up again and am going back through all the scenarios. Haven't tried the modmods other than MNAI but may look into AoE once I'm done with scenarios.

Yep, I'm still playing :) I play FFH more than any other version of Civ. Have had long breaks at times, but I've recently picked it up again and am going back through all the scenarios. Haven't tried the modmods other than MNAI but may look into AoE once I'm done with scenarios.
On the topic of scenarios, does The Black Tower work for you? It crashes instantly for me every time. :(

On the topic of scenarios, does The Black Tower work for you? It crashes instantly for me every time. :(

Wish I could tell you! I'm stuck on The Radiant Guard. Well, I've only had a couple of goes, but it's not the easiest of scenarios.

Still playing, after all these years. I'm not very good, though, so I stick with Warlord level. Part of my problem is that my "story" doesn't always jive with the most effective strategy. Anyway, I've been playing whatever is the most recent version of MNAI since Kael stopped updating vanilla, but less than I a year ago I started also playing EMM. I try to give useful feedback for the modders of those two on the subforums.
I had an idea years ago to make a scenario (easier than a full mod) where each civ has a specific themed/flavoured victory condition to win (rather than winning by conquest etc) similar to civ specific victory conditions in Ryhes and Fall of Civ. IIRC I only thought of themed victories for about half the civs so I gave up lol

I had an idea years ago to make a scenario (easier than a full mod) where each civ has a specific themed/flavoured victory condition to win (rather than winning by conquest etc) similar to civ specific victory conditions in Ryhes and Fall of Civ. IIRC I only thought of themed victories for about half the civs so I gave up lol
You can only fit that many on a standard map anyway. So go for it.

Bonjour à tous, j'aimerai jouer à nouveau à FFH2 et Fall Further (FFH2 en premier :RÉ) mais je n'arrive pas à les installer correctement ... Je ne suis pas très doué en informatique, mais quand je veux même pouvoir rejouer il! Je prends tous les conseils, merci d'avance. Zamoth.

Bonjour, ce forum est anglophone, il convient donc d'y converser en anglais. Si cela n'est pas possible, n'hésites pas à me contacter, en français, par message privé.
Concernant ton souci, pourrais-tu nous expliquer qu'est ce qui cloche dans ton installation de FFH2 ? quelle étape pose souci ?

Hi, this is an english speaking forum, so please write posts in english. If you cannot, you can contact me, in french, by PM.
About your issue, can you explain to us what looks wrong with your install, what step of the process you do not understand.

I'm was still playing this in 2020, and it is very likely I will play a few games in 2021 too :D Which brings me to the point: Is anyone here interested in playing a succesion game? I saw the links to realms beyond that were posted on the previous page, but alas, I saw them too late and missed out on those games. So I figured out this woul be the best place to find people who are still interested in playing the game.
Happy Holidays by the way, and Happy New Year!

I'm still playing in 2021 even! :p

I never really got the appeal of succession games, but I'd definitely be up for a real multiplayer game, even if it was Pitboss or PBEM.

I can't speak for other people, but for me, the appeal of succession games is twofold. One is that it saves some time in what can otherwise be a very time consuming game, and it allows one to play games that would be prohibitively long otherwise. So for example you play a few turns at the start, and then when you come back to the game you get to play around with all the cool late game units and features, and you share the burden of developping so far. The second thing is that it is a learning experience, since you have to agree on an overall strategy with other people, and exchange ideeas, and this is an opportunity to learn new tricks and see them applied. Since I am, even after many years of playing, still a very unskilled player, I think that would be a great experience.

I won't have time to play... but if you post a succession game i'll follow, read, (and ask question... )

I can't speak for other people, but for me, the appeal of succession games is twofold. One is that it saves some time in what can otherwise be a very time consuming game, and it allows one to play games that would be prohibitively long otherwise. So for example you play a few turns at the start, and then when you come back to the game you get to play around with all the cool late game units and features, and you share the burden of developping so far. The second thing is that it is a learning experience, since you have to agree on an overall strategy with other people, and exchange ideeas, and this is an opportunity to learn new tricks and see them applied. Since I am, even after many years of playing, still a very unskilled player, I think that would be a great experience.
That's an interesting take on it. I newer would have thought of things that way but it makes sense. Than again to be fair my idea of succession games comes from Dwarf Fortress and there the FUN comes from all the unlabeled levers you leave for the next player.:devil:

I would be interested in playing in principle, but I'm afraid I don't really have enough time right now. Maybe when I'm done with the next MNAI version. I'm also not very good at the game. :)
I love reading Dwarf Fortress succession games, though I haven't played one myself yet. I like my fortresses clean and orderly (...until the weregoat supersoldier program gets out of control and everybody dies).

I'm still waiting for a standalone game or something that comes close to FFH high fantasy feel with all it's mechanics to come out. Though it seem even after what feel like a decade the industry is still focusing so much on everything but high fantasy in the 4x genre. Yes we have some decent fantasy games that are a 4x, mostly EL and yes it's a good game, however it does not capture all the mechanics and features that FFH has. It's a shame really cause if a fantasy game did come out and was really good with all the mechanics in it that would make it good (which im not going to list ill be here all day) it would sell without a shadow of doubt. Just got to keep waiting I guess. lol

I'm still waiting for a standalone game or something that comes close to FFH high fantasy feel with all it's mechanics to come out. Though it seem even after what feel like a decade the industry is still focusing so much on everything but high fantasy in the 4x genre. Yes we have some decent fantasy games that are a 4x, mostly EL and yes it's a good game, however it does not capture all the mechanics and features that FFH has. It's a shame really cause if a fantasy game did come out and was really good with all the mechanics in it that would make it good (which im not going to list ill be here all day) it would sell without a shadow of doubt. Just got to keep waiting I guess. lol
I just fired up a new game of FfH yesterday, for exactly the reasons you said. If anything came along to hit that sweet spot, I might finally hang up my spurs. Big THANK YOU to the modders who are still maintaining this one, so we can keep playing it even when the base game (Civ IV) is becoming more and more obsolete. :love:

Top Bottom