Stock Image Scavenger Hunt

João III

King
Taking inspiration from a thread of old, I was wondering how many images we could find in the game that utilize a stock image as either a visualize reference or were perhaps just photoshopped and put into the game.

For example, I think I've found the stock image used to create the perfume resource icon:

upload_2021-3-26_13-53-29.png

Let the hunt begin

The ones in the old thread for V were much more on the nose than anything in 6. Like I think the perfume example you showed isn’t really indicative of anything although the Jade above does look like a reference.

The ones in the old thread for V were much more on the nose than anything in 6. Like I think the perfume example you showed isn’t really indicative of anything although the Jade above does look like a reference.
I have to disagree. Aside from the nozzle on the perfume icon, all of the shapes for both bottles (not to mention the colors) are essentially identical

I have to disagree. Aside from the nozzle on the perfume icon, all of the shapes for both bottles (not to mention the colors) are essentially identical

I don't really see it. The stock image you found has no nozzle, has a different textured bulb, a different textured bottle, and a different top connection. All they have in common is that they are purple perfume bottles. I did a quick Google and found some random perfume bottle vector art that could just as easily have "inspired" the perfume icon.

My original point being that, in the thread you linked, they weren't even up for debate because the connection between the source image and the resulting Civ 5 icon were so obvious. Here, we're turning our heads and squinting our eyes and debating each other about how close something looks, which to me says that we're not going to find many "slam dunk" examples like in the Civ 5 thread ;)

Top Bottom