• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

STR-06: 3CTCC goes Monarch

Just noticed something ... Cornith is showing 150% multiplier instead of 100% ... did some again sneaked n a cathedral at cornith :eek:?
It's been there for a while. So I think we should put one each at Athens and Sparta.

Shouldn't he be settled in a +200% city--that will be 42cpt + research + coin= better than a bomb. We can use later bombs to catch up the laggards.

Well, I respectfully disagree. Firstly, it is the slowest city that counts. Secondly, we won't have that many artists ... the next GPeople is 20 turn away 200 turns will produce at most 5~6 given the arithmetic progression. Thirdly, I disagree with producing a +200% city. To do that, you are concentrating the cathedrals in one city. Currently, Athens is already lacking behind corinth by 90 turns. Each bomb is only equivalent to 25 turns at 250cpt. You need 4 artists just to catch up. Not to mention if we still concentrate the cathedrals in cornith.

It's been there for a while. So I think we should put one each at Athens and Sparta.
Ah ... then it is a mistake to start Hermitage there (it was the slowest city) ... most likely the player was looking at the total culture instead of raw culture. No matter, distributing the remaining 2 cathedrals to Athens and Sparta has been what I am preaching all along ;)

--

Well, I respectfully disagree. Firstly, it is the slowest city that counts. Secondly, we won't have that many artists ... the next GPeople is 20 turn away 200 turns will produce at most 5~6 given the arithmetic progression. Thirdly, I disagree with producing a +200% city. To do that, you are concentrating the cathedrals in one city. Currently, Athens is already lacking behind corinth by 90 turns. Each bomb is only equivalent to 25 turns at 250cpt. You need 4 artists just to catch up. Not to mention if we still concentrate the cathedrals in cornith,

--
I think we cross posted--I agree with you. Actually my first post the 200% number included the FS bonus--so what we'll have is a 250% and two 150% cities.

Concerning research, I would try to get the physics free scientist first then we can decide if we should research rifling ourselves or if there's a trade available.
I have to disagree here. I think we are cruising to victory here, and the only thing that could blow it is an unexpected war. So I would get rifling first--we may very well end up with physics anyway--if we don't no big deal.

Got it. Will play tomorrow or post some comments/questions first if necessary.

Straightforward, almost boring turnset. We don't have any more Wonders to build:(.
The only thing we should be worried about now is our power rating. With Rifling in soon and a lack of cultural buildings for a while, we have to start cranking out some units. We'll be getting our Cultural Victory well before even Mansa comes close to winning the Space Race, so no need to worry about that.

Since turnsets are so quiet right now, I suggest raising them up to 20 peace / 10 war turns. Assume this is the case unless anyone has serious objections to this.

Also, starting tomorrow I'll be on the road for over 8 hours a day until Friday for a driving lessons speed course. I don't really expect to be up again before Friday though. However, on Sunday morning I will be leaving for Bristol for 6 days, during which time I won't be able to play, so I should be skipped. If we do go up to 20 turns per round, this game might just be over when I come back. Good luck boys.

Attachments

• STR-06 AD-1675.CivBeyondSwordSave
    321.8 KB · Views: 67
Roster:
1) Strauss --> just played
2) Pvblivs --> UP
3) ungy --> on deck
4) blid
5) pholkhero
6) GreyFox

1690 AD (03): Rifling is in. I decide to go for Scientific Method first but alter this decision. Corinth still has its last monastry to be built. As Sparta won't build any cultural buildings again (too weak), I decide for Chemistry first which, on our way to Biology, is okay as well. The mosque will be finished up to then.

1706 AD (08): I ponder a lot what to do with this Great Prophet just born. Building a shrine would bring hardly any money and +1000 culture in the end. I decide that this is not worth it. Instead I'm starting a golden age for the increased Great People points, production and commerce.

1714 AD (12): Mansa Musa has built the Statue of Liberty.

1716 AD (13): Stopping to build riflemen because the costs are killing us. Maybe we should disband some of the old units we cannot afford to update. Building grocers in anticipation of more health problems instead.

Fortunately Claude Monet is born in Corinth. He is brought to Athens to wait for further instructions.

We discover Chemistry and finally do the step forward into the Industrial age for Scientific Method.

1718 AD (14): Scientific Method is here. Go on to Biology for the food bonus (due in 26). Whatever it might be worth for, Oil is discovered west of Sparta,

1720 AD (15): Mansa asks us for Rifling. I decline due to our good relation. Now that I think about it it seems like a silly decision. I disband 5 outdated units in Athens.
Furthermore I ask Justinian to provide us with weath for free, he gives in thus solving all of our health problems for now. The great thing about this is that Hannibal (hating Justinian) has no problems with us getting it for free.

1726 AD (18): Mansa offers a trade. I accept for the money primarily.

1730 AD (20): The golden age is over and HC asks to cancel our trades with Justinian. He is already annoyed with us. I decline but I'm not sure if this was right. Hannibal and Mansa Musa are at war now.

The next Great Person most probably will be a Prophet in about 17 turns in Athens. If it is, I would not try to wait the Great Engineer for any wonder to build but start another golden age. It seems that Great People Points are doubled by golden ages. I think it's worth to do this to accelerate the next Great Person.

Lots of trades could be made. Maybe some older techs sold for money. Think about it.

Only 100 turns (and some more?) to go! :hammer:

Yeah, that's what I like abt Golden Ages in BtS, not only did Firaxis change it to have no anarchy, but they also multiplied the GP point generation as well. Make it more worthwhile to go into GAge for smaller empire. ... The only remaining change they need to do is for GAge to produce more culture as well :cooool:

Roster:
1) Strauss
2) Pvblivs --> just played
3) ungy --> past 24 hours, skipped
4) blid --> UP
5) pholkhero --> on deck
6) GreyFox

sorry guys don't know how I missed it--thought I was checking. Seems like we're well under control.

ungy, if you can play before blid posts a 'got it', go ahead (I'm really too soft for running an SG:sad:)

I guess you are, Straus :lol:

I'll be not available until Tuesday. The Saturday thereafter I'll be going to the east coast for 2 weeks (holidays, beautiful season for this ;)) So if there's still a set to be played between Tuesday and Saturday I can play. Though I believe you guys will win the game before!

ungy, if you can play before blid posts a 'got it', go ahead (I'm really too soft for running an SG:sad:)

Hmm ... we are not playing some X-rated SG, so you don't need to be hard to be the lead ;) ... okay, bad-taste-humor, move on ...

I think what is important is to keep the game going at a reasonable pace. So in this case, you did what i would have done: open the save to both blid and ungy ... whoever got it and play first wins.

OK--I'll take it then.
Checking things out we're in good shape. Change prophets to artists in Athens. Bio was a good choice--I would have headed straight to electricity but I think this is better.
I disband some obsolete units.
Mansa asks us to join war--unfortunately no.
We sell HC lib for 760g--that'll fund research for a while.

We pop silver near Athens!

We're starting on the emancipation penalty so it's useful.
HC asks us to join war vs. Byzantines--I decline. This was probably a mistake--Byzantines are weak and far away.

1758 Mansa builds Kremlin.
Bio in--physics (20).
Athens market-rifle.
HC and Justinian make peace.
1760 Nap asks for chem I say no.
1764 we get a GS in Athens. Not sure what to do with him. Justinian cancels wheat.
Mansa offers wine for horse.. OK.
Justinian cancels horse deal we take a worse one.
We trade Willem bio, mil sci for most of physics, corp and 210g.
Trade lib and chem to Nap for dem.
We have a scientist and an engineer.

We could 1) use both for a GA.
2) lightbulb 6 turns worth of electricity with the scientist and then use the engineer for broadway.

3) settle the scientist for maybe 1 turn off electricity, some culture, etc. and play on b'way with the eng.

I'd vote for 2 but the next monarch can decide.

Top Bottom