Strategic View Icon Template

Horem

Emperor
As the title says :)

Simply import your Icon(170x170 image, transparent backround and your pic no bigger that a 169x169 circle) into the Image layer, merge layers, apply Bicubic Sampling(I usualy Resize down by 1 then back up by 1 to do this and if it ends upa bit too blurry sharpen the image a bit) to meld the icon and template together so there is no sharp edges, save as dds and you have a SV Icon.

Simply import your Icon(53x53 image, transparent backround and you image no bigger that a 52x52 circle) into the Image layer, merge layers, apply Bicubic Sampling to meld the icon and template together so there is no sharp edges, save as dds and you have a SV Icon.

Thanks, I needed that; is there a similar template for font icons in the works?

Simply import your Icon(170x170 image, transparent backround and your pic no bigger that a 169x169 circle) into the Image layer, merge layers, apply Bicubic Sampling(I usualy Resize down by 1 then back up by 1 to do this and if it ends upa bit too blurry sharpen the image a bit) to meld the icon and template together so there is no sharp edges, save as dds and you have a SV Icon.

The "Layer Blending Options" are also useful, especially when you want to retain layers for future editing. Often when working on sv icons i'll keep all project images in one psd, each one on a separate layer. There's no need to merge down as the dds builds only the visible layers.

Edit.... Was also going to mention that the sv icon template is very different for unit flags.

Top Bottom