Strategy Academy

I heard Barcelona has the Temple of Artimites, whats the news on razing it or not now?

I think we'll keep it. We can just decide to let Arkadia work most of the shared tiles.

Actually, Barcelona can help Arkadia, by working some cottages (when Arkadia is still too small to work them all), so they start growing.

Research should go to Code of Laws in my opinion. It leads to Civil Service and gives us courthouses.

I think we'd be better suited going another route for the time being, perhaps grabbing feud which also leads to CS but no-one has researched that whilst we might be able to trade for CS from Rome.

But with Kassite and later Spanish lands it would be nice to have courthouses.

Indeed but we wont have spanish lands for awhile and it would be more preferable to build marketplaces in them anyways.

Theocracy would also give us more xp, helping the cause, and yes, marketplaces would be more profitable. Not to mention a new religon...

I agree with you BCLG100, your position was chosen well, Grand Cardinal Vizier.

Feudalism is expensive though :sad: And it doesn't really have a huge benefit IMO. Have I mentioned I dislike longbowmen already? :) And I rate Bureaucracy over Vassalage and Slavery above Serfdom (although the latter depends on game situation a lot).

Then again, we don't have a super-duper capital, and we will have a lot of units, we could go for Vassalage and a lot of war.

Feudalism may be expensive but its also a pre req for guilds which we should perhaps be meanering towards following CS. We don't have a super capital and as we will be warring our teching may be slowed down so it could perhaps be worth the switch to vassalage. Though i do agree serfdom is crap unless your spiritual.

Eh, my bad, feudalism doesn't need theology...opps.

How'd you all feel about war next turnchat?

Are we really prepared for a victory? Or are we just going to war to see what happens?

Are we really prepared for a victory? Or are we just going to war to see what happens?

I just want to give you some extra land tiles to handle ;)

I believe that we should plan the invasion of Spain for the next Turn Session, but at the very latest possible. This is for the benefit of the monarchy's stability as well as for the power of our military.

Right now, the only real connection the Empire seems to have with its people is the want of the Spanish lands. The APR has recently experienced the somewhat successful Principality of Kassite emerge, and the allied PoF seem to continue to want to keep NG independent. War would be helpful to the cause of bringing us closer together, but not if no one gets a say in it. One thing viewed even the slightest but wrong could spark another, more momentous debate, therefore, I say we should not declare war until we are completely sure of ourselves, and before the Spanish can surely drive us out.

This would help our cause too, if we take this time to bring more power to the military. It could help our assault, our defense of Spain and her conquered territories, and possibly allow us to position troops near the Babylonian border if strong tensions with Lincon emerge (which I doubt, but nonetheless, should be considered.)

P.S: Could we borrow money from Lincoln to promote the Warband guy to a axeman?

Well, I'm glad the next turn session is still unscheduled. I would definately like to see DaveShack's Military Report and Battleplan before we declare anything.

Well thats the main reason i havent put anything down. We dont seem to have anything concrete to work with so far.

Right now, the only real connection the Empire seems to have with its people is the want of the Spanish lands. The APR has recently experienced the somewhat successful Principality of Kassite emerge, and the allied PoF seem to continue to want to keep NG independent. War would be helpful to the cause of bringing us closer together, but not if no one gets a say in it. One thing viewed even the slightest but wrong could spark another, more momentous debate, therefore, I say we should not declare war until we are completely sure of ourselves, and before the Spanish can surely drive us out.

:mischief: You didn't here it frm me..... yet.

Still running like mad to catch up on work and home after the 4 nights in Vegas. Sorry, game time has been limited. Take now for instance, my pillow is looking pretty inviting.

We need a military plan and I don't mind input from anyone who wishes to contribute. :)

Sorry, but military plans are not at all my field...
But if you tell which/how many units needed and where/when,
I can help pointing the cities to do the job, at lowest cost
(commerce/science) and the timings.
Best regards,

In my opinion, our military plan shuld be sweet and simple, take all of the military forces to be used, and send them to attack Madrid. From there the Spanish will redirect their forces to Madrid, We will just lean back and keep a good defensive hold on them, until they have depleeted most of their forces, then we send another wave of units to capture Barcelona. And then Use a combined force of the two waves in an attack against Seville. And we have a war ended. I would say this would be a 30-40 turn war.

Top Bottom