stupid AI...

kaskavel

Chieftain
a1.png

a2.png

OK, fellow AIs, lets go take the human cities with our stack of doom. We even brought a cannon with us. We have noticed the humans perform quite well by bringing artillery along their attacking stacks, so we are going to try the same. A single cannon should be sufficient to tear down the human defences.
a3.png

One round later....
a4.png

The human artillery has hit us hard, we will go home to heal ourselves. The rest of you keep going!
a5.png

No worries, we are still strong enough. But the humans have brought many defenders to the city and our cannon missed when it fired its shot. We will keep going south to the next city that we know it has weak defences (because we cheat and all that). Let's hope those railroads are slow enough and the humans will not bring in reinforcements on time
a6.png

OK you all. I will stay here and protect the cannon with my spear. I hope it will be OK, good luck to all of you guys.

What you're seeing is kinda given, you know, hey, as in AI likes to spam a lot of zerg weak units for suicidal attacks. It's usually LB, but I've seen even more primitive ones, well against muskets even a lot of LB can be quite worring, however against rifles and cannon/artillery the AI doomstacks just die like flies.

I have solved this one. Unless I play some "only movement 1 units" restriction, I do not build artillery (only the few units I capture). One of the few easy things to do to balance the game, since it hurts you at the exact point that the human advantage tends to increase significally. I am very interested in self restrictions that apply at this period of time.

I have solved this one. Unless I play some "only movement 1 units" restriction, I do not build artillery (only the few units I capture). One of the few easy things to do to balance the game, since it hurts you at the exact point that the human advantage tends to increase significally. I am very interested in self restrictions that apply at this period of time.
May be you should have a look at the CCM 2.5 mod (so even this mod can only soften the AI incompetence, but not abolish it).

I just saw a new one for me. The Babs are building a cathedral in a town that has only a harbor and makes 1 shield. They have the two largest civs next door are are at war with both. I suspect strange happenings are not uncommon, but I just never had a reason to inspect such a town.

Edit: It probably was bombed down by Roman's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom