Sudden change of heart?

vesp3r1987

Warlord
:confused:
So here is me playing on dificulty Prince (I usualy play on lowest just to make some sort of scenarios) and it started somewhat good. I met Bismark and Napoleon pretty early on game and since Bismark was the first to offer reasonable trades I decided to side with him when Napoleon started to be annoying. We had a common war against Napoleon and he even declared friendship with me. Some turns later I decided that its time to take few strategicaly posicioned CS (which had no allies) and I was insta-denounced by Bismark. He suddenly became guarded and was only asking me for my iron. around 5 turns later i saw massive army heading one of my towns.
By that time I had ~6000 gold with +80 income.
When German forces arrived at my borders he declared war and my fundings dropped to +17 and all my gold dissappeared @@ from 6k gold i had left around 200

So what went wrong? I do not believe I was attacked because i took a CS on the other part of the map that wasnt allyed with the Germans

Warmongering penalty kicked in. The common war friendly tag doesn't outweigh the fact that you were a warmonger. You say you took "a few" cs. How many? And did you take any French cities?

I took 1 coastal CS and was about to take second one that was closer to french borders... I also had some gattling guns and riflemans posicioned so I can prepare for a future war with Napoleon. Then suddenly Bismark declares war on me.
Note: I uess his personality is such... also I think my "Empire" seemed like a joke with only 3 cities and my only army stationed on the other side. Still it doesnt explain how i suddenly lost all my gold. Cant be all from agreements but could it be a spy? I know on games like f.e. Red Alert you could steal money and energy from your enemies

Another annoying thing is when the AI bring their prophets to my territory and spread their religion all over my Empire. I cant really tell them to stop or stay away from me and I certainly dont want to start a war over this because the AI im speaking of is India and everyone is in good terms with them.
I tried to keep up with them by focusing on my religion spreading and removing foreign religions but he keep sending great prophets to me and my allied CS
Another way of dealing with that would be awesome

I have no idea how you lost your gold. You could lose gpt if you had trade deals going that ended when he declared war. Or if you had trade routes to him or his allied CSs.

I think Bismarck cares about CSs so taking them will particularly annoy him. And while the city states may not have been allied with Bis, he may have pledged to protect them.

Inquisitors block "spread religion" put one in your city and people can't convert it. Or use military units to block their movement.

It's definitely not normal for you to lose 6000 stockpiled gold. Are you sure you didn't rush buy expensive units and buildings?

The only units i paid for before the war were 3 Caravels and 1 gattling gun... i havent paid attention on how much i paid but i highly doubt its over 2000

About Inquisitiors... i already read about that... but my religion is not yet enhanced as i screwed up a bit spending my great prophet to convert back 1 of my cities and some of his which im planning to attack... at that point i though i have holy war trait (or something like that) which give me bonus attack if city have same religion. Anyways i restarted last night and now im being more carefull on who i befriend and im investing some more in my army spreading it at my borders (not only garrison units and few roaming ones killing barbs)

Edit: This time i anticipated the war with Bismark and when he started piling armies outside his borders i paid him to attack Napoleon... its funny how a little bit of luxury and open borders can make your enemies burn their armies. Just befor Bis took a city from napoleon i declared war too and got the city with no loss :p
Now they respect me more and even though i stole a city from Napoleon he still appear neutral and ask me for trades

Top Bottom