Suddenly Soundless

sKULLDENT

Chieftain
G'day All

I did a Google search for my issue but when I do a search on the forum for it I can't find it so forgive me if I am repeating an issue.

I have CivIII Complete which I have been playing trouble free for about two years but a couple of weeks ago the sound suddenly disappeared! Not just the music or anything else but all sound and it's quite boring playing with no sound.

I tried reinstalling the game but that didn't make any difference. It just seems kind of weird that one minute I have sound and the next I don't.

I read what ever suggestions I could but none of them seemed to relate to my issue. Does anyone have any ideas why this might happen. My only thought is that I've worn the disk out from playing it so much.:eek:

With so little info I'd have to start with the basics:

• Do sounds work on your computer at all right now?
  • Can you turn the volume up and down for non-game Windows sounds?
  • If you go to preferences in the game (control-P) are the volume sliders at the bottom turned up?
  • If you can hear Windows sounds and the in-game volume is turned up, luanch the Windows mixer app and see if there is a separate volume control for the game. In Win7 and Win8 I sometimes find that an app has its own volume slider in the mixer, and for some reason sometimes one gets turned down.

Top Bottom