Suggest Agatha Christie movies/tv series

Kyriakos

Creator
upload_2022-6-16_0-43-7.png

I have watched a few of the films, and now had a first look at the Suchet tv series. The latter is often hit and miss, with many filler episodes. For example, while the first ever episode was ok (it'd be a really horrible idea if they didn't at least try to start with a decent plot), none of the others in that series were interesting (though I have only seen up to episode 7 now, I think).

The 60s movie adaptation of Witness for the Prosecution was very good, in my view, and (contrary to many of Christie's plots) fairly possible to pull through irl.

@EvaDK , have you watched it yet? ^_^

The 60s movie adaptation of Witness for the Prosecution was very good, in my view, and (contrary to many of Christie's plots) fairly possible to pull through irl.

@EvaDK , have you watched it yet? ^_^
No, I've been busy lately. It's on my to-watch list. :)

The last season of the Suchet series was particularly well done - above the level of much of the earlier ones imho.

I like that Christie has a very persistent motif, which is a special type of deception. For example, in After the Funeral you see (different variables, same form) pretty much what also happens in 4.50 from Paddington. It is a deception that works by deliberately tying something unrelated to the riddle, so as to draw attention to it and away from the guilty party.
There are some more unique plots (10 little Indians, The Mousetrap) of those I know of, but the aforementioned motif is the base for most.
At times it can be highly elegant :)

In the West End of 1950s London, plans for a movie version of a smash-hit play come to an abrupt halt after the film’s Hollywood director is murdered. When world-weary Inspector Stoppard (Sam Rockwell) and eager rookie Constable Stalker (Saoirse Ronan) take on the case, the two find themselves thrown into a puzzling whodunit within the glamorously sordid theatre underground, investigating the mysterious homicide at their own peril.

Top Bottom