suggest faction for new player

ArguCa

Prince
I'm playing game on Warlord difficulty. is Danish good for my level? or which faction should I pick. waiting for help from experienced players.

thank you.

Warlord is quite easy, so any civ is fine really.

Once you've learned some of the mechanics of the game you can move onto higher difficulties where playing a certain way with a certain civ become more important to succeed.

Some civs are best for water-based maps, others for land.
Then there are some that excel at certain victory types, etc.

So your question is difficult to answer.

I would agree with N7, pick whatever civ floats your boat.

The important thing early on, especially if you have little to no xp with other Civ games, is to get a feel for the mechanics. How city production/growth works. Combat basics and unit types. Culture vs. Faith and what each can do to benefit your game and play style.

After that, I find it helpful to pick maps or Victory conditions that exemplify a Civ's traits and rotate each game.

-Dental

Everyone's right... They're all good.

Catherine of Russia's trait is quite useful throughout the game.
Pacal of the Maya will give you a chance to test drive all the different great people.
Ramses of Egypt's bonus is fun on lower difficulties because you can really churn out the world wonders.
Alexander of Greece also has a simple and useful bonus no matter what you want your empire to do.

After that, I find it helpful to pick maps or Victory conditions that exemplify a Civ's traits and rotate each game.

I'm with Dental, this is the way I learned. Choose a Civ and a strategy that fit (India for a tall culture win for example), and try that strategy. If it works, try that strategy with that civ on a harder level, or choose a different civ/strategy.

I suggest Washington for low-level practice. He's not very complicated, and the +1 sight radius makes exploring fast with a scout, so you get a lot of ruins and stuff and more time to ponder the map. Plus he buys tiles for cheap, which is helpful.

In my opinion it is quite easy to begin playing as Rome because you get access to a powerful unit early in the game so you can hold your own against the ai on normal or above however if on warlord or lower it really doesnt matter who you choose as the ai is very unlikely to declare war on you

For beginners, I imagine the easiest to use are France and America, their bonuses are both very passive and happen throughout the game anyway even if you don't work towards them, and they have main line melee UU's too.

Others that could be fun are the Maya, China, Rome and perhaps Egypt - All the bonuses are not tough to use at a basic level (on warlord!) and are good introductions to different aspects of the game.

Top Bottom