Suggest your own world wonders, natural wonders and city-states

Tourism, yes, Las Vegas is a major tourist destination. Culture? Not so much. :p
Well, "culture" has been broadened to mean more than opera and sculptures. It now also includes sports and entertainment. Although the suggested benefits seem sufficiently broad to feel like a placeholder.

I posted a Vegas Strip wonder that was tied a direct tie-in to rock bands, so that when they would disband after a concert they instead reappear in the Strip. Also allowed rock bands to bought with gold instead of faith, IIRC. It was a while ago.

Hear me out here: Iqaluit as a city-state.
I know, I know. It hasn’t even been a city for a century, and it was called something else for, like, more than half of its history as a city, and it’s actually part of Canada, but I think that it would be a good compromise between people who rabidly want Inuits in the game and rabidly don’t want Inuits in the game. I’m not sure if I’d make it a Trade or Maritime city-state (assuming that Civ7 brings back Maritime city-states), but either would fit.

Hear me out here: Iqaluit as a city-state.
I know, I know. It hasn’t even been a city for a century, and it was called something else for, like, more than half of its history as a city, and it’s actually part of Canada, but I think that it would be a good compromise between people who rabidly want Inuits in the game and rabidly don’t want Inuits in the game. I’m not sure if I’d make it a Trade or Maritime city-state (assuming that Civ7 brings back Maritime city-states), but either would fit.
I'm in the "no Inuit civ" camp, but I'd actually be okay with an Inuit city-state. I'd probably choose Nuuk myself, though.

That works, too, especially for historical starts. I’d probably make that a cultural city-state.
Likewise. An Inuksuk UI is probably the likeliest candidate for bonus.

How about San Salvador for a city state?
Like Quebec City, Canadian city state in civ 5, a French colony in civ 4 colonization and Canada in civ 6. Why not add San Salvador, a major colony in new Spain from colonization civ 4? There are 2 San Salvador: one in the Bahamas and one in Meso-America. The one in the Bahamas could be put in as a cultural city state and the one in Meso-America could be put as a scientific city state (since it has nearby volcanoes). To avoid confusion, you could make it cultural since the volcano and the Bahamas location both have tourism. I'm not saying to add 2 San Salvador for civ 7 and instead add one in culture but if you could add 1 that would vary between research and tourism that would be awesome.

How about San Salvador for a city state?
Like Quebec City, Canadian city state in civ 5, a French colony in civ 4 colonization and Canada in civ 6. Why not add San Salvador, a major colony in new Spain from colonization civ 4? There are 2 San Salvador: one in the Bahamas and one in Meso-America. The one in the Bahamas could be put in as a cultural city state and the one in Meso-America could be put as a scientific city state (since it has nearby volcanoes). To avoid confusion, you could make it cultural since the volcano and the Bahamas location both have tourism. I'm not saying to add 2 San Salvador for civ 7 and instead add one in culture but if you could add 1 that would vary between research and tourism that would be awesome.
That's too specific, why not other Central Americans capitals as Guatemala city, Belmopan, Tegucigalpa, Manágua or San José?

Yeah, these cities in Meso-America can be good tourist destinations as well. Guatemala(Guatemala City), Belize(Belmopan), Nicaragua(Managua), Costa Rica(San Jose), Honduras(Tegucigalpa) and El Salvador (San Salvador) all came out in Civ 5 help section for Maya since the Mayans were located near or on these areas of Meso-America. I was suggesting San Salvador only because of colonization from civ 4 but it seems too Spanish-European to add San Salvador since there were 2 (the other in the Bahamas).
I don't mind adding any of these cities from Meso-America but its so small compared to the rest of the world to add all of them or even a Salvador into civ 7. I'm already barging for The Pipils by Atlacatl but their lands were even smaller than the rest of the proposed deals.

Yeah, these cities in Meso-America can be good tourist destinations as well. Guatemala(Guatemala City), Belize(Belmopan), Nicaragua(Managua), Costa Rica(San Jose), Honduras(Tegucigalpa) and El Salvador (San Salvador) all came out in Civ 5 help section for Maya since the Mayans were located near or on these areas of Meso-America. I was suggesting San Salvador only because of colonization from civ 4 but it seems too Spanish-European to add San Salvador since there were 2 (the other in the Bahamas).
I don't mind adding any of these cities from Meso-America but its so small compared to the rest of the world to add all of them or even a Salvador into civ 7. I'm already barging for The Pipils by Atlacatl but their lands were even smaller than the rest of the proposed deals.
Are you from San Salvador? That should explain a lot of things:p
I'm not fan of cities states from capital cities of modern states, I believe to be a city state is needed something more, like be a huge city of an ancient civilization vanished of the map, as La Venta of Olmecs or Mohenjo Daro of India.

Are you from San Salvador? That should explain a lot of things:p
I'm not fan of cities states from capital cities of modern states, I believe to be a city state is needed something more, like be a huge city of an ancient civilization vanished of the map, as La Venta of Olmecs or Mohenjo Daro of India.
I'm not but my father is, thanks for asking.:) I'm from Los Angeles, America. I used to like La Venta of Olmecs and still do since they are the ancestors of the Aztecs and the Maya during Pangea. I hope they still keep that city state around since it does represent a larger group of people and a larger land mass.

Wonder: Ellis Island. The symbol of Immigration. As it should be suggested. Immigration should once again be a concept. Ellis Island once completed can give a major boost in attracting citizens from other Civs. Tourism would also get a major bonus. And I suggest a Humanitarian count as a new way to calculate a Culture Victory. Ellis Island can be a Modern Age Wonder. It can also be an attraction to bring more diverse religions to add to the Humanitarian totals.
Isn't the Statute of Liberty a bit more positive symbol for this? I mean Ellis Island was basically a quarantine center and not necessarily a good remembrance for those who had to stay there.

Isn't the Statute of Liberty a bit more positive symbol for this? I mean Ellis Island was basically a quarantine center and not necessarily a good remembrance for those who had to stay there.
The way I'd like things to go. Each Civilization can build an Immigration Process Center in each city. Those process centers can help elevate the number of Immigrants attracted from other Civs and City States. But the one who constructs Ellis Island doubles that effect. Ellis Island is symbolic. It was a process station. But seen as a mere gateway to life in America. Those who were willing to endure the process, went on to build lives and families who remain to this day. Not all Wonders have to be tourist attractions. The Pentagon doesn't exactly give thoughts of flowers and sunshine either. But it too was a strategic Wonder. Just as Ellis Island should be.

Stockholm
Science CS

Recieve diplomatic points per turn for every major Civ you are friendly to

Or rework Sweden cus Kristina sucks

For some non-Chinese Asian wonders, let’s go with Erdene Zuu in Mongolia (something religious, but relevant to the late medieval period or early enlightenment) and Flame Towers in Azerbaijan (probably tourism)

The Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench. A late game science boost I guess (not that the game needs more late science).

Forget the official name but the giant coast redwoods park in California. Culture yield if undeveloped, luxury bonus with a sawmill?

Lake Baikal. It should definitely be a natural wonder. I have been advocating for it for a long time. Could give bonuses to faith and a bonus fish or seal resource.

Lake Baikal, Russia is one of the most beautiful and picturesque places not only in Siberia but also on the entire planet. Lying in a rift depression, located in the southern part of Eastern Siberia, this is the oldest lake in the world (being about 25-35 million years old).

Baikal is also the largest freshwater reservoir on Earth, so that 22% of all freshwater worldwide and 85% of Russia’s water supply are concentrated here. Its volume of water is 23 thousand km3 (approximately the amount of five Great Lakes combined in the United States).

In addition to the value of huge reserves of fresh water, (which, due to low mineralization: 100 g / l, it can be safely equated as distilled water) Baikal is also the deepest lake in the world. In 1996 it was included on the UNESCO World Heritage List.

More information on Lake Baikal:

Top Bottom