Suggestions for new wonders

TimeWeaver

Warlord
Hi!

I couldn't resist the temptation of starting a thread on the hopeful topic of new wonders added to vanilla CiV, especially as rumour has it that some DLC-pack will be "Ancients Wonders of the World".

I would love to see in the Medieval era, for instance:
-Clockwork (important in medieval times not merely for clocks, but for science)
-Irrigation pump (some Arabic fellow in the Middle Ages completely revolutionized farming on hills and stuff this way, the pump is still used today)

In the Industrial era and especially the scant Modern era there's room for a number of new wonders. The birth-control pill comes to mind.

Hi!

I couldn't resist the temptation of starting a thread on the hopeful topic of new wonders added to vanilla CiV, especially as rumour has it that some DLC-pack will be "Ancients Wonders of the World".

I would love to see in the Medieval era, for instance:
-Clockwork (important in medieval times not merely for clocks, but for science)
-Irrigation pump (some Arabic fellow in the Middle Ages completely revolutionized farming on hills and stuff this way, the pump is still used today)

In the Industrial era and especially the scant Modern era there's room for a number of new wonders. The birth-control pill comes to mind.

Those aren't wonders, in the civ sense of the word. A wonder is a big-ass building that takes a ton of time to complete and gives your civ a crappy, unimaginative bonus ;)

But for ideas, the Ishtar gate, the sphinx and the Potala palace come to mind.

Heh, you're right of course!

I should probably have written "wonders and techs" in the thread title. Can I edit the title?

As a sidenote, I'm a complete newbie here. And I have a hard time seeing the threads that I just posted, I even tried posting one again. What could be the problem? Perhaps there is just some delay after a new thread/post?

Thanks, Save-Ferris!

That is a thread of just the kind!

Well, better change the topic of this one to "new techs" then.
Perhaps a mod can help me.

Else I guess this one is closed.

Top Bottom