Sukritact's Events and Decisions

Hallo sucritat
Sorry to bother you again, but the game in renaissance era crashing when an event occur.
In my lua.log the errors are trhe same:
Runtime Error: C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Events and Decisions\Lua\EventsAndDecisions_Utilities.lua:307: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Events and Decisions\Lua\EventsAndDecisions_Utilities.lua:307: in function 'HookDecisionCivilizationIcon'
C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Events and Decisions\Core\Decisions\Civ Decisions\CivDecisions.lua:355: in main chunk
=[C]: in function 'include'
C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Events and Decisions\Lua/UI/EnactDescisionsPopup.lua:58: in main chunk
=[C]: ?

C:\Users\Peter\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Events and Decisions\Lua\Sukritact_SaveUtils.lua:32: bad argument #2 to 'SetValue' (Must be of type boolean, nil, number, or string)

The last one apears a lot of times

The mods who I am using are:

Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (Basic) (v 4)
City Limits (v 7)
City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World - no DLL (v 26)
Civ Advanced .1 (v 8)
Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v 10)
Classical Building Pack (v 4)
Community Balance Patch (v 13.3)
Community Patch (v 66.12)
Era Settlers (v 1)
Events and Decisions
Foreign Trade Routes (v 5)
Improvements in Water Tiles (v 2)
Industrial Building Pack (v 2)
InfoAddict (v 22)
Ingame Editor (v 39)
Mercenary Army Expanded (v 1)
More Great Works (v 3)
National Wonder Collection (v 2)
Naval Healing Mod (v 100)
Pontoon Bridge (Brave New World) (v 11)
R.E.D. Modpack (v 27)
Reforestation (v 7)
Ships No City Capture (v 1)
Strategic Buildings Pack (v 2)
Terrain - Poor Tiles Tweak (v 2)
Trading Posts Grow into Towns (v 5)
Units - Mech Infantry (v 9)
Workable Mountains (v 1)

Do you have any idea?

Since I installed this mod I`m getting a lot of graphic anomolies, especially the right hand tabs, but also some graphics is wierded out (blurred) like on the CS options. It doesn`t affect the game, but any idea why this could be happening?

Also my Red`s delecta mod stopped working properly, not getting different looks of cultures any more.

Hallo sucritat
Sorry to bother you again, but the game in renaissance era crashing when an event occur.
I think it'd a mod conflict breaking my saveutils. I can't say which mod.

Since I installed this mod I`m getting a lot of graphic anomolies, especially the right hand tabs, but also some graphics is wierded out (blurred) like on the CS options. It doesn`t affect the game, but any idea why this could be happening?

Also my Red`s delecta mod stopped working properly, not getting different looks of cultures any more.
I've no idea. I'm sorry.

Maybe its about the Direct X version you using....

I crash to desktop whenever I choose an option for an event that has no effect. (eg the Eiffel Tower event)
I also crash when I get an event for gaining faith every time I do something (eg meeting another civ).

I'm on mac and my mods are:
YAEMP
Custom Advanced setup
Tradeposts into towns
Events and Decisions
Piety and Prestige
JFDs WWII
DLL mod components
Health and Plague
Civ names by Policy
IGE
Infoaddict
Global Warming
JFD Cultural Diversity
Revolutions
YNAEMP City State Leaders
Canada & Australia by Colonial Legacies
Historical Religions
Cultural Diffusion

It seems to also be any that any event with one option crashes

Reposting since it seems to have gotten lost:

I believe I've found out what is causing the crashes in the Events popup: the use of UIManager: DequeuePopup and UIManager:QueuePopup. When playing on my laptop, I experienced a crash 100% of the time on the first event of the game. However, after replacing the aforementioned lines in the ShowPopup function with simply ContextPtr:SetHide(true) and ContextPtr:SetHide(false), it worked without issue. Perhaps the game doesn't quite like the handling of new UI elements through UIManager...

For those who'd like to try it on their end to see if it fixes the problem:
  • Open RandomEventsPopup.lua in /(mod folder)/Lua/UI/
  • Replace line 264 with "ContextPtr:SetHide(true)" (without quotes)
  • Replace line 293 with "ContextPtr:SetHide(false)" (without quotes)

Ah, okay. I happened to be using the CBP version of E&D and it still uses UIManager; didn't realize you had updated the main version. Well, other than that, I've never experienced a crash, personally, so I'm out of ideas.

This is really one of the best mods. It makes the game more exciting and fresh.

Is there a possibility of adding more events? The same events like the beast stalks, mercenaries,comets etc gets repetitive after a while.

I also have encountered a few bugs:

a. When I constructed the Eiffel Tower and chose the free radio broadcast tower, the game crashed however upon loading and selecting that option again it proceeded just fine

b. The event for Prussia wherein all units receive experiences triggers again upon loading a saved game so I activated this event 4 times now (I got super elite units due to this).

This also happens for the event asking you if you want to lose golden age points for a new social policy (I got 2-3 free social policies because of this). I'm not sure if this is Prussia-specific but that's the civ I was using when I encountered this bug.

You know, he only makes decisions and events for vanilla civs....

b. The event for Prussia wherein all units receive experiences triggers again upon loading a saved game so I activated this event 4 times now (I got super elite units due to this).
As Natan said. You should be taking this up with the creator of the Prussian mod - which is most likely JFD, is it not? - rather than sukritact, who doesn't make the E&D compatibility for all modded civs.

As Natan said. You should be taking this up with the creator of the Prussian mod - which is most likely JFD, is it not? - rather than sukritact, who doesn't make the E&D compatibility for all modded civs.

Well, it depends. If scheduled events are meant to fire over again if the game is reloaded then sure, but if not, this is a matter for Sukritact.

What he said ^

This is an issue but I'm a bit lazy since this will probably require a fairly significant rework of scheduled events.

But rest assured I will fix it. Hopefully soon.

Regardless, you should add a year check to your scheduled events JFD. Make sure they only fire within a certain year range.

Yeah, like that time when i played against Armenia, and got the same world event notifications every 8 -10 turns or so... satratap.... or something...

I seem to be crashing a lot whenever an event comes up. If it doesn't crash when i click the button, it often crashes 10 seconds later.

Hey guys! I am going to be making a Let's Play of Civilization V in a few days using your awesome mod! :D I'll post links in the description of the videos to your mod and all other mods I use too. I'm quite excited to try this out as it'll be my first Let's Play. :) Just wanted to make sure it's alright to use your mod for an LP purpose sukritact. :O I figure no one has done a Let's Play of the Events and Decisions mod before so I'm going to do my best! :)

Top Bottom