Super-early AI religion

Melchizedek

Prince
Today I started a game on deity level and quick pace, but I still find it amazing that an AI has founded a religion on turn fifteen. Anyone seen it sooner?

Ancient ruins can be 4 hexs away from each other. Meaning 2-4 at most if AI gets lucky and pops two prophecy of a coming prophet.

Isn't faith from ruins on turn 20+ only?

One option for super early religion is Spain with religious Natural Wonder.

Isn't faith from ruins on turn 20+ only?

One option for super early religion is Spain with religious Natural Wonder.

Yes, T20 for faith ruins.

T15 is not hard at all on deity. Remember that they start with pottery, and several civs can get faith even without a shrine (Celts, Ethiopia), not to mention meeting a religious CS first with one of their many starting units means 8 faith as well.

I assume this thread is about Pantheon, however, and not religion.

on Deity all civs get an immediate settler to hike around so it was probably Spain with nearby religious mountain.

Imagine this:
1: Mt. Sinai near 2nd settler
4: moves and settles mt. sinai
5: Pantheon founded next turn: chose One with Nature, now gets 20 faith/turn
15: found religion

The math is simple. ;) If you saw One with Nature go this is exactly what happened.

I don't think anyone else can do it this fast.

If boudhicca is there, she usually gets it around there.
They enhance their religion very fast too, I never check the turn but it feels like 40-50. About same for adding reformation belief.

The earliest pantheon I remember was turn 6.

If you're spain you can roll a map until you settle next to mt sinai, then you'll get it turn 3 lol. But good luck.

Boudicca doesn't get religion by turn 15. What she does get is frequently a pantheon by turn 4-5. But her natural advantage is only at max 4 faith/turn even on Deity if she settles both cities near 3+ forest tiles. You still need 20 additional turns to found a religion.

Even if she opens with shrine-building the best I'd expect her to ever do without a faith NW is turn 20-22. AI do follow the same faith requirements for pantheon and religions.

OP mentions quick, so does it pop 60 faith ruin before turn 20?

Top Bottom