Super Power Modpack - Total Conversion

Ok linc, Besides the atoll tile problem. I made it to just before the modern era and my save file then gets corrupt. There is an issue within this mod somewhere that is corrupting save files. Great Mod idea and everything but this inability to save files is daunting.

this mod is too buggy to play i'm +90 gold all of a sudden in the next turn i'm -400?!

Are you using any other mods with this? Because I have a feeling that you may have some conflicting ones since I have not encountered a single one of the bugs you have brought up in the games I have finished. Apart from the 12kb save bug the mod is running without any issues.

Are you using any other mods with this? Because I have a feeling that you may have some conflicting ones since I have not encountered a single one of the bugs you have brought up in the games I have finished. Apart from the 12kb save bug the mod is running without any issues.

only mod i'm using is howards DLL v60, city expansion and the civIV diplo features which all use the DLL playing on prince and tofts flag pack the only mod that isn't DLL related. and my saves always load.

This mod freezes me.

I want to know why, but I'm unsure how to examine the logs. The game freezes as opposed to crashing so there's no crash log available. I'll hit "next turn" and the game will load it, then right before giving me updates on the new turn, it'll freeze in place. The music / mouse icon is still running, and I can CTRL+ALT+DELETE and minimize to minimize the game. If I maximize the game again, it's a black screen.

Is there any way I can debug / read a log so I can know if it's a memory issue, or a unit, or whatever?

if you have logging enabled all logs are stored in C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs

I got the tech tree issue and when I load a saved game Civ crashes. I use v. 4.2.

I have tried installing the mods via steam and manual, with dll 45, 51 and 60, but it does not help. i have tried deleting the text file in the newCiviliopediaTexts xml-file and deleting the Civ5modsDatabase cache file.

Mods i use is Red Modpack, Quick turns, music changer and Info addict. I have tried using the modpack without any other mods, but that did not work:(

Question to all. If I just want to use the units portion of this mod I have to enable to balance patch which adds all the things that make the mod crash. What do I have to get rid of to ensure everything in the balance is off but keep the new units on?

Can't get past early game. Saves become corrupted and can't load (CTD). Even auto saves back to the very beginning don't work.

To all who have the "No Scrolling Tech Tree" Issue

I accidentally found out this it may have something to do with the Civilopedia Texts (Very absurd). However and of course, it does not happen on everyone.

This may be solved by deleting all the contents in this file but leave the empty file where it is: Super Power Balance (v 4)\XML\GameText\NewCivilopediaTexts.xml

I'm not sure if this could solve your problem but I found it when I accidentally edited one of the lines in this file and cause MY Tech Tree not scrolling exactly as those reports and solved after undoing that action.

Please inform me whether this solve the problem or not after testing. Thanks!

so far nope, lol..so when I first dwnld mod and DLL somehow I got DLL 53 installed and just realized it, not 59 that was the latest a cpl weeks ago. I added in 60 but can not use it for previous game saves as CIV just reboots when loading save. I started a FRESH new game with 60 and still no Tree scroll and the "classic age" title bar is still in the middle of tree instead of on top as a header. That MUST be the problem causing no scroll but I have NO idea why

now I am crashing EVERY time I try to load a game...I think ACCIDENTALLY having DLL 53 has kept me playing so well thus far over others, now EVERY time I load a save, even a new I JUST created on NEW game it just cuts out. cleaning out 60 and going BACK to 53..hmmmm

wow now nothing works, wiped out dll 60 and the whole cache (all files updated as of todays date), put 53 back in and cant open my saves. just CTD .never had this before, i am bummed

Go to C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Moddedsaves and check to see if the save games you're trying to load are 12kb in size.

If they are, no amount of debugging will rescue your save; it is lost.

Does anyone know how I can remove the interstellar, particle physics, nanotechnology and integrated d' techs from the information era? I want the tech tree to stop advancing in modern times, without having units like the Giant Death Robot and other nonsense. Any idea how to do it?

Go to C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Moddedsaves and check to see if the save games you're trying to load are 12kb in size.

If they are, no amount of debugging will rescue your save; it is lost.

your right that one was as well as ALL my autosaves..tried a previous save and now all is well..now that I am back using 53

i have a problem with my fighters.... they can't attack ground... WHY???
tanks for reply

i have a problem with my fighters.... they can't attack ground... WHY???
tanks for reply

many things have been changed, read desriptions. Bombers dont bomb cities anymore (dont understand why), Pyramids dont give 2 workers, etc..

My save files are 13k, actually.

Is there anything I can do in terms of gameplay to stop this from happening? Regularly saving and leaving the game and reentering or anything like that?

Is there anyobody that could tell me if they can indeed place the new resources on the map using IGE and tell me how they went about it? Also what mods you're using if you can place them? Thank you.

My save files are 13k, actually.

Is there anything I can do in terms of gameplay to stop this from happening? Regularly saving and leaving the game and reentering or anything like that?

Three things about the savegame bug:

1.] Once it happens, ONLY a computer restart will allow any future saves to save properly. If you save a game and it is 12-13k in size, restarting the game isn't enough to make future saves successful.

2.] The more you save, the higher the chance you'll encounter the bug. I find I encounter it after about 7 or so saves, and I'll have to restart to "clear" the bug.

3.] Keep the folder where your autosaves / game saves are stored open in the background. After EVERY save, check to see if the newest save is 12-13kb. If it is, reboot. While the last save is lost, the one before it should still be good, and you won't lose any more than 9 turns if you're using autosaves.

This should help you avoid losing anything to the bug ever. Good luck.

P.S. For the tech tree bug, use I.G.E - you can see the tech tree through the I.G.E tech editor. Unlike keeping a picture of the tech tree in the background, you can see what techs you've researched and what you haven't because it's color coded.

Top Bottom