Swingin' Dead Bodies;

I've come to except A less than pleasurable insight about humanity in response to your original question. Others feel free to flame after you think long and hard of the words.

Humanity has no natural predators other than itself. Humans as a whole are agressive and warlike as a natures method of keeping humanity in check. We are like locusts upon the land raping it of the resources it provides and returning very little. We create inhumane forms of torture out of our own aggresive needs we create games and images depicting these horrific images as A way of sedating our animal desires. Our desire to harm another is our way of trying to keep our population in check. Yet we dream up methods of staving off death of removing the killers from the streets. I ask this we go to war and train men to kill and yet we have prisons full of death row inmates across the world or men and women willing to comit heinous acts and yet instead of putting them to use we feed them and cloth them and let them remain our burden. I guess what I'm saying is this rather than be angry at the criminal that killed your brother celebrate the fact that he was doing natures work and encourage the prosecuting attorney to turn him into a Iraqi street sweeper rather than be a burden on your tax money.

Our desire to harm another is our way of trying to keep our population in check.
I really doubt this bit, theologically and biologically. No species checks its own population; if given the oppurtunity every speices will expand exponentially. Every thing you describe is present in nature; humans are simply more capable at evil.

But at good as well. How many other species have hospitals or charity? Or music, or air conditioning, etc.?

The smarter a species get, the more "evil" it can get too. Because it is aware of it's actions and its effect on others. Look at dolphins. They can go around killing stuff just for the fun of it.
I think that the more intelligent a species is, the more it crave meaning out of life, and to not just survive and breed, but to be entertained aswell. The awareness of our instincts tickle our interest, and as intelligence gets higher, the more enjoyment we get out of playing with our basic instincts.
When there is danger around adrenaline gets pumped throughout our body and we get sort of a high. We feel strong and aware. Instincts make us feel victorious and happy when we for example slay an animal, because now we can feed, and the danger is over. Endorphins are pumping through our veins making us feel less pain and feel happy.

This is why we like action movies and horror flicks. We like to be scared, we like to feel the adrenaline flowing. Some of us more, some less.

But on the other hand. Life is a contest, a contest between species, and a contest within species. This is why humans also fight among themselves and not just cooperate, which we are so good at, and probably one of the most important reasons why we are the dominating species on this planet.

The fact that Dolphins live in water, can't hurt us either: it's a bit difficult to start a fire underwater, and it's a bit difficult to start a viable Civilization without fire.
(opposable thumbs help too)

What is Civilization? If it is the level of complexity with regards to relationships within a society, then fire isn't a prerequisite.

And on Violence, Man is violent because he needed to be. And on that premise, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to turn back years of evolution within the span of a century, thus the proliferation of violent games.

On War, Man tends to be highly xenophobic by nature, again by evolution.

Good and Evil tend to be subjective, to me the best way to tell whether an act is Good or Evil is to see what are the universal values being fought for or against, and what were the universal values violated by the means, and then see whether the ends justified the means. Although in my opinion, the ends do not justify the means because the values shared by all cultures tend to be highly related to each other, as far as I know.

When i said A civilization, i meant a technologically advanced Civ. On the other hand, just because we're not able to make anything out of water (more or Less) doesn't mean it's impossible, maybe we just took the path of necessity

Or convenience. Or maybe we were just damn lucky not to have burned ourselves.

And on that note, who was that guy who decided to squeeze a cow's udder and drink whatever came out?

If by Humanity he meant the species, then I would have to agree with him. Even baboon troops don't do as much damage as a human tribe on the warpath.

If he meant Humanity as a society comprising all members of the species, then no. The members of said society would not kill each other to an absurd degree because they recognize each other as belonging to the same tribe.

so...violence is good.

I think that people enjoy violence because it's taboo.
I know I always enjoy something when I know it's wrong...or not really enjoy it, but the thryll of doing it or something.
Or mayb all people are just two-faced?
you know, "it's always funny when you get hurt, but not when it happens to you"

rather than be angry at the criminal that killed your brother celebrate the fact that he was doing natures work and encourage the prosecuting attorney to turn him into a Iraqi street sweeper rather than be a burden on your tax money.

is that how you would feel? you know, if it happened to you and yer family?

Normally I dont get offended when people are ignorant with their posting.

(I guess what I'm saying is this rather than be angry at the criminal that killed your brother celebrate the fact that he was doing natures work and encourage the prosecuting attorney to turn him into a Iraqi street sweeper rather than be a burden on your tax money.)

I had to move out to california last year because my father was murdered. It's been over a year and the police have dont nothing to find the people who did it, and they are still running around the town I live in. I dont think they were doing nature's work by killing my father, and I would hate to see those parasites used for any purpose other than fertalizer.

I love violent video games, I watch violent movies, and I love Black Metal, so it's not like Im sitting over here weeping because of what you said in that post, but i think there's probably more people than me out here who have lost people close to them. When you look at your father's lifeless eye's in a morge, and carry his ashe's out to sea..... you tell me how awesome the people who did it are. Tell what reward they deserve...... sorry for flameing.

Top Bottom