System crash at Oracle movie

Myartar

Yeah, I'm back
First problem was when I completed the Oracle, the movie didn't show up. Just a black screen until the effects are listed. Then I just saw the texted for the effects, but still no video. A turn or two later,the game crashed and I figured "well, these things happen. Let's just start the program again."

Then I resarted with my autosave 4 turns back. I go 2 turns and finish the Oracle again, and before the movie can start my whole system crashes and reboots. When windows reloads, I get a windows box that says "windows has recovered from a serious error" or something like that. I tried everything again with the same result. I'm gonna try now without running any movies, but I'm hoping there's a fix for this so I'm not forced to do it forever.

What strikes me as odd is the opening movies work fine, and the Stonehenge movie worked fine too.

EDIT: I downloaded the latest driveres from NVIDIA and it seemed to do the trick. Played for a couple hours without any more problems. :)

System:
Pentium 4 2.80GHZ
512 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128MB

I remember a similar problem way back in civ2 where the oracle movie would crash. But that was most likely a CD problem

Have you tried building the oracle in a completely diffrent game? Because that particulay turn (or the events on it) might be crashing

Top Bottom