Tactics and Strategy Turns 100-120

Thanks for those maps Cav Scout. I noticed that every civ except MS has Confusionasim. Any thoughts as to a pulling off a back door religious victory?

Building the AP would take a while - and would give plenty of time to sail a missionary over to MS.

I don't have BTS so I am not 100% familiar with how the Religious Victory works. My understanding was that once every civ had at least one city with the AP's religion - the Religious Victory condition was enabled. If this is the case this is a very viable option. However, if there is a a requirement that the the religion must be spread to a certain percentage of the entire world then we are probably out of luck.

It takes 75% of the votes (however those are counted?) for a religious win. If we built Apostolic i'm sure the other teams would spam confu missionaries and easily foil us. But I've never attempted a win under this victory condition so I'm not really sure of the mechanics...

I think cities with the Apostolic religion also get more votes for higher population... So the team with the most Confucian population would get the most votes.

If we think that apostolic palace / threat of religious victory would cause everyone to spam Confu missionaries... All the more reason to build the Confu Holy building AND get Apostolic palace.

I also think getting the +2 :gold: per Confu building is a good reason to build Spiral Minaret... but we need divine right for that. We could also build Versailes in Shymkent for the extra :gold:. Cavalieros could benefit even more with their spread out nation. We certainly don't want SANCTA getting Versailes, it would negate their huge maitenance costs and really put us even more behind.

Lets go for it. We have nothing to lose do we? I am serious about this. This might be our best chance to win the game. How delicious would that be? Let's Start Apostolic Palace right away, or right after Oxford.

We should get Islam though, because we don't want SANCTA getting an Islamic apostolic palace and forcing everyone esle to spam Islamic missionaries to stop them from getting an Islam religious win.

It is less likely that they would Apostilic a religion that they did not have the holy city for, because it would mean spamming the rival teams religion.

You can't get a religious victory unless at least one other civ votes for you. Who is gonna give up so easily? The only thing going for this idea is the chance to end this game sooner rather than later. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

You can't get a religious victory unless at least one other civ votes for you. Who is gonna give up so easily? The only thing going for this idea is the chance to end this game sooner rather than later. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

We could also vote for MS - lame but a slap in the face to everyone else.

True. I guess I'm in the same boat with most others - I'd like to see this end soon.

Top Bottom