• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Tactics and Strategy Turns 70-80

Ok I've whipped the Settler.

Saturn still haven't accepted our OB proposal...

damnrunner, you're absolutely right. I've included that in turn actions.

Btw we need to gift Masonry to MS on their turn.

Turn 78
Moves not dependent on barb actions:
Ben Hur > Heal
Warrior 3 > F
Bushir > E
Missionary > if Confu doesn't spread to Osk, spread :religion:
Oskemen > if FP isn't blocked, switch from Horses to FP

Barb actions:
Both barbs pillage: New Chariot kills barb, waits in place. 2 worker rebuild road. Warrior and Settler move here. Other worker build winery 1 turn (workers are all ready to repair FP road next turn before Settler builds city).

Wounded barb pillages, other barb moves SE: New Chariot kills barb, waits in place. 2 worker rebuild road. Warrior and Settler move here. Other worker roads corn (this works out as a free move later.

Wounded barb moves (to non-forest tile), other barb pillages: Chariot 2 attacks wounded barb. New Chariot attacks barb 3. Workers build Winery (ready to road FP next turn). Settler moves 1SW of Osk.

Wounded barb moves (to non-forest tile), other barb moves SE: New Chariot attacks wounded barb. Whichever Chariot is strongest moves to Wine. Workers build Winery. Settler, warrior and other Chariot moves 1SW of Osk.

damnrunner, you're absolutely right. I've included that in turn actions.

Btw we need to gift Masonry to MS on their turn.

Turn 78
Moves not dependent on barb actions:
Ben Hur > Heal
Warrior 3 > F
Bushir > E
Missionary > if Confu doesn't spread to Osk, spread :religion:
Oskemen > if FP isn't blocked, switch from Horses to FP

Barb actions:
Both barbs pillage: New Chariot kills barb, waits in place. 2 worker rebuild road. Warrior and Settler move here. Other worker build winery 1 turn (workers are all ready to repair FP road next turn before Settler builds city).

Wounded barb pillages, other barb moves SE: New Chariot kills barb, waits in place. 2 worker rebuild road. Warrior and Settler move here. Other worker roads corn (this works out as a free move later.

Wounded barb moves (to non-forest tile), other barb pillages: Chariot 2 attacks wounded barb. New Chariot attacks barb 3. Workers build Winery (ready to road FP next turn). Settler moves 1SW of Osk.

Wounded barb moves (to non-forest tile), other barb moves SE: New Chariot attacks wounded barb. Whichever Chariot is strongest moves to Wine. Workers build Winery. Settler, warrior and other Chariot moves 1SW of Osk.

1 of the workers needs to go back and improve the corn...lets post a screen here at turn roll and decide what to do with the units..

Our turn is up and good news, the barbs didn't pillage the roads. Our 3 chariots are at 0.4, 2.0 and 4.0 health. The new 4.0 chariots can attack the barb in the forest at 78% odds. The 2.0 chariot can attack the barb in the open with 81% odds. In both cases we have warriors as back ups in case the chariots loose. I think we should take both barbs out and move our settler as planned to the commerce site. What should the three workers do? Oh and still no confucianism spread to Oskemen.

New Chariot should kill the weak warrior and then wait 1 tile W, which is where the Settler will move to. Let the forest warrior attack us.

The 2nd strongest Chariot should move to FP with the wounded warrior (just in case) and two workers can move there and start farming.

The third worker moves back to farm corn by Aktau.

Oskemen should switch from horses to FP before ending turn.

Warrior 3 > F

I would prefer a cottage on the flood plain to a farm. We are going to cottage it eventually and have the commerce city work it. The benefits of it growing as a cottage now outweighs the +1:food: for Oskemen.

I also think we need to eliminate both of the nearby warriors. We have a settler ready to move now but he cant if that warrior on the forest is still there.

he can move fine as he'll be protected by the chariot. our chariots need cheap kills, not attacking units with a defence bonus :(

Oskemen doesn't have a lot of other opportunities for food so I say that FP needs a farm. But we should have decided this earlier...

I also prefer a farm on the shared floodplain... I thought that this was already decided... We settled 1W of Horse (as opposed to 1S or 1E) precisely to give Oskemen two tiles that produced :food:, (including 1 tile with 4:food:), right?

City 5 can cottage a different floodplain for now. Only once all the other tiles around City 5 are cottaged, should we even consider cottaging the shared Floodplain. City 5 has plenty of :commerce: and :food: without using the shared tiles, no?

Oskemen NEEDS :food: tiles. City 5 does not NEED :commerce: tiles.

I also think it needs a farm as OSK needs food in the short term. City 5 can build cottages on the other flood plains.

Right now we need production (which we can get at Osk if it has enough food) and not more commerce.

new chariot kills weak warrior and goes back to city (if wounded below 2.1), warrior moves on forest hill, missionary spread confu..1 worker goes to improve corn, other 2 farm and 2 wounded chariots with workers on the flood

he can move fine as he'll be protected by the chariot. our chariots need cheap kills, not attacking units with a defence bonus :(

Oskemen doesn't have a lot of other opportunities for food so I say that FP needs a farm. But we should have decided this earlier...

The workers are going to be on the floodplain and the settler is going to be on the plain 1E of them... how do you plan to cover both safely? Guarding with the chariot at 2.0 health almost makes it a fair fight for the attacking barb. The wounded warrior should continue to heal in Oskemen since 2 more barbs are on the way. And what if the 4.0 chariot gets reduced down to say 1.5? I prefer taking the fight to the barbs with 78% and 81% odds.

I'm 100% for Oskemen working the flood plain until the commerce city needs it. I just thought that it would be good for those turns to be spent growing a cottage. Farming now and then cottaging later is a waste of worker moves and cottage growth for +1:food:. I thought it was well understood that Oskemen was never going to be more than a marginal city and that the commerce city would have priority for all overlap.

new chariot kills weak warrior and goes back to city (if wounded below 2.1), warrior moves on forest hill, missionary spread confu..1 worker goes to improve corn, other 2 farm and 2 wounded chariots with workers on the flood
You're forgetting about the Settler there...

The workers are going to be on the floodplain and the settler is going to be on the plain 1E of them... how do you plan to cover both safely? Guarding with the chariot at 2.0 health almost makes it a fair fight for the attacking barb. The wounded warrior should continue to heal in Oskemen since 2 more barbs are on the way. And what if the 4.0 chariot gets reduced down to say 1.5? I prefer taking the fight to the barbs with 78% and 81% odds.

I'm 100% for Oskemen working the flood plain until the commerce city needs it. I just thought that it would be good for those turns to be spent growing a cottage. Farming now and then cottaging later is a waste of worker moves and cottage growth for +1:food:. I thought it was well understood that Oskemen was never going to be more than a marginal city and that the commerce city would have priority for all overlap.
I think we have enough consensus to farm the FP, it's what was in the plan previously, so I think we'll go with that.

If those combat odds are right then ok, let's attack. Hopefully we'll be strong enough to deal with the other barbs when they arrive.

Ok, I've farmed the FP with two workers and followed cav scout's suggestions for the Chariots.

All is well, both chariots have promotions for next turn. Judaism founds in Pavlodar. I'll post full screen shots in a wee while.

BTW,

Apart from the polling controversy, we have founded judaism :D . In my book, that's a nice one. It would be delectable isf Sancta resorted to adopting one of our religions ;)

I think we have enough consensus to farm the FP, it's what was in the plan previously, so I think we'll go with that.

Who said that? I want a poll on this issue!

Joking :D

:woohoo: The "infallible";) founding formula triumphs again! Now let's try to "engineer" a founding of Taoism in City 5:D Can we start running 2 scientists again this turn?
That's easy, we just need to make sure it's the only city without a religion when Taoism founds.

For next turn the only real issues are:
What do our pair of workers do? I say they move 1W to cottage FP once city 5 founds.
What should Pav build? A warrior would be useful as they'll soon be obsolete, next it builds a missionary.
I would also like to split our :espionage: between Sat and SAN. Knowing what SAN are teching is more useful than knowing Sat demog IMOl

After ending turn do we raise tech rate?

Top Bottom