Team Amazon pitboss

2metraninja

Defender of Nabaxica
So, Team Amazon is proud to announce that we are launching our team pitboss.

For better accessibility, as there are players, wanting to join the pitboss in, who are not members of Team Amazon, I am making this thread so all of you can post and read about the development of the game.

Game is not up yet, as we are still finalizing the players/details, but here is the info you will need:

Login
Game:Amazon Pitboss III
Login:sommerswerd.dyndns.org

Players (so far)
nabaxo: Willem Van Orange of Dutch
Sommerswerd: Capac of Inca
Link: Hannibal of Carthage
2metraninja: Shaka of Zulu
Majic: Mansa Musa of Mali
bobbyboy29: Pacal of Maya
Indiansmoke: Sury of Khmer
Dick76: Elizabeth of England
bullrunner: Pericles of Greece
babybluepants: Mehmed of Ottomans

Settings
Map: Pangea
Size: Large
Speed: Normal
Leaders: Restricted
Barbs: Normal
Tech Trading: Off
Huts:Off
Events: Off
Turns: Simultaneous
Turn Timer 48 hours

EDIT: Updated Play Instructions for OP Thread -

OK for those who dont have Hamachi installed already:

1. Click this link
2. Scroll to the bottom and click the "Conditions of use" box
3. Select the Green Button on the Left "Download Now"
4. Install Hamachi

Once you have Hamachi installed...
1. Start "LogMeinHamachi"
2. Click the Power On Button
3. Click the tab that says "Network"
4. Scroll down to "Join an Existing Network"
5. Enter the Network name "AMAZON Pitboss III"
6. Enter the Password "AMAZON"

Once you are logged into the AMAZON Pitboss III network you dont have to do that anymore. When you want to play your turn, just make sure your Hamachi is turned on, and follow these steps:

1. Turn on Hamachi
2. Start Civ
3. Log ito the Direct IP Game with this IP address: 5.168.217.195

From now on, If your connection ever times out, first check to make sure your Hamachi is on. If Hamachi isnt on, you cant login.

Thats it. Post here to let me know it works OK:goodjob:

BTW Here is some troubleshooting for if your Hamachi fails to connect to Hamachi servers or fails to start:
Spoiler :
1) Kill the process "hamachi-2.exe" (with CTRL+Alt+Delete --> Start Task Manager --> Processes --> LogMeinHamchi--> End Task)
2) Disable and enable the hamachi network adapter (Network Places (or Network Center on Vista) --> View Network Connections (Manage Network Connections) --> Right click on Hamachi Network adapter and disable then right click and enable
3) Start again the service "LogMeIn Hamachi 2.0 Tunneling engine" from the control panel -->Search -->"Services" Scroll to LogmeinHamachi and right click Stop then Start
4) Start the Hamachi again from the Start menu
5.) Then if needed unplu and replug your modem or router

This how your do it:

A. Go to your Network Icon (the two monitors with the blue/green globe in front) in the lower right hand corner of the screen (next to the clock).

B. Right Click and scroll down to "Network and Sharing Center"

C. A window Opens... Go over to the Menu on the Left side of the window and Select "Manage Network Connections"

D. A new window opens... You should see at least two or three icons. One will say "Local Area Connection," one will say "Wireless Network Connection" and one will say "Hamachi" or "Network 5" (or 3 or 7 or something like that).

E. Right click the "Hamachi" Icon and choose "Disable" Wait for it to disable. It should visibly change status to read "Disabled"

F. Then right click it again and click "Enable." When it enables, move to step 3.
Lastly, on the off chance that you notice having internet problems when Hamachi is running, just turn it off when youre not playing, or just disable the "Hamachi Network 5 or 6" or whatever until you are ready to play. Internet will come right back.

Just updating to transfer to the other threads:)

Players (so far)
nabaxo: Willem Van Orange of Dutch
Sommerswerd: Capac of Inca
link16: Hannibal of Carthage
2metraninja: Shaka of Zulu
Majic: Mansa Musa of Mali
bobbyboy29: Pacal of Maya
Indiansmoke: Sury of Khmer
Dick76: Elizabeth of England
bullrunner: Pericles of Greece
babybluepants: needs to pick a civ

Login - check.
Do we have a civstats page yet?
Is 48 hrs a bit excessive this early in the game? I'm cool with it, just wondering why.
Rule on very early DOW?

Sorry Calantian... at least you got into DoE though:)
Login - check.
Do we have a civstats page yet?
Is 48 hrs a bit excessive this early in the game? I'm cool with it, just wondering why.
Rule on very early DOW?
All good Questions...

Civstats: Thanks for reminding me, I was on my way out the door:blush: I'll go do that now. So civstats should be up within the hour...

48 hr timer is my favourite and personal preference. I just prefer not to be switching the timer around and I really like the relaxed pace of the long timer. Plus as I already mentioned, I am leaving town for the weekend so the longer timer is actually a must for me as I will not be able to log in to the game as much.

Other than the standard Double-Move rule (and one other I will mention at the end of this post), everyone can operate under the assumption that everything goes. Other rules will be addressed on an as-needed basis. Everyone generally knows how to play and be sportsmanlike, so I would like to avoid alot of unenforceable rulemaking and beauracracy (at least until its discovered in-game;)). If there is something specific that you are really curious about, go ahead and ask now so that we can settle it before the game gets going full swing.

The only other rule (Majic & 2metraninja reminded me of it, thanks:goodjob:) is dont talk about the game (pacts, trades, land, etc.)with players you have not yet met in-game... this is petty normal sportsmanship stuff IMO, kind of like the DM rule, but since it was brought up I thought it was worth letting everyone know what was discussed. OK now lets have some fun:D

Sorry Calantian... at least you got into DoE though

Well can't say that that is an interesting position..

The only way to make that game interesting is by doing things which may be bad for the civ I am playing... as far as I can see there has been 5000 years of peace..

as far as I can see there has been 5000 years of peace..

Which I think not best suits your aggressive civ with such a famous nut leader :)

First, would anyone object to me changing the turn timer to 12 hrs for the first 20 turns to get us through the first builds, then switching back to the long timer?

Also, since bullrunner can't login and us not responding to PM, I would like to kick him, log into his civ and give the new Password to Calanthian, who wishes to join the game. I will not look at his land or anything else... this way he only misses 2 turns which is no huge deal, and game can continue.

I will reload the current turn.

If there are objections, please post ASAP

Top Bottom